Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Noise when turning off faucets
This occurs when I turn OFF any of my faucets (kitchen, bathooms). I hear a muffled thump thump thump sound (usually about 2-4 of them). My house is 12 years old. Any ideas?? Mel
1
1

Shower door rollers, 1/8" wide?
Help! I need to find replacement rollers for my shower doors, and I can't find any that are the right size. The ones they have at home depot and other stores are almost the right size, but too wide...

Water spike problems in my house.
I had a new hot water heater installed, and shortly after that, it would discharge water. The plumber who installed it, said that the pressure was too high likely in the house. He looked at the...
27
27

Motorised 3 way mid position valve
Hi, Can anyone tell me how the actuator part of a mid position 3 way motrised valve work? Is it by adjusting the motor torque against a spring till it comes to rest in a particular position? I am...
1
1

tee on it's back
Hey Boys, I've been working full-time for the past month on what will be a 24 story high-rise in Cincinnati. It's no-hub, concrete, clevis hangers all the way. I never realized how heavy a 10" cast...
2
2

Imploding hot water heater?
I've got some idiot at work telling me that his hot water heater imploded. I'm telling him that is impossible, but I want to make sure I'm not the idiot. Technically, I guess anything is possible, but...
13
13

Heat limit switch on Sears water heater
I thought I could do this without help, but it got too complicated for me. I have a Sears Kenmore 153.318560 52 Gal. Power Miser 8+ electric water heater. It has two sets of heating element,...

leaking spigot coupler
What is wrong with people handling garden hoses? I found myself having to replace the hose coupling several times a month. I have an exterior spigot and I usually have a brass "Y" coupler connected to...
1
1

Vessel Sink
Where is a good web site that shows step-by-step how to install the plumbing for a vessel sink?

Fridge repair
I have a GE fridge that is about 4 years old. I started not cooling well and then just stopped cycling. The compressor nor the cooling fan are coming on. Any ideas of where to start looking?
2
2

Shower diverter problem
Recently I replaced the hot/cold water stems in both our tubs and the shower diverters as well and both took the exact same parts. No brand name anywhere so I haven't a clue who the MFG is. In one tub...
13
13

low maintenance iron filter?
our greensand-based filter works fine for iron removal, but we have to clean out the venturi every month - lots of iron residue build up. that gets to be a nuisance. are there any designs that are...
1
1

Preheat water before electric water heater
The house I bought this summer has an electric water heater that accounts for half of my monthly electric bill. Now that the colder weather is here (at least in the north) I have been using the wood...
3
3

Sump Pump & Washer Drain Lines
I recently had a home inspected and was told the sump pump and the washing machine should not be draining into the main wast line. The washing machine also had a running trap with no vent. Why and how...
6
6

Hot water
Hello, when i run the hot water tap in the kitchen downstairs,it completely cuts the supply to the hot water tap in the bathroom. Is this how a combi boiler should behave,or is there a problem?...