Installing dual sump pumps...

I have a natural gas backup generator. So this is not about a sump "battery" backup. I want to get a duplicate backup sump pump installed in the event my actual sump quits. Has anybody out there done this before?

Years back there was a person on this site, SMARTY, who was in the same situation I'm now in... lots of expensive stuff in basement, etc. etc. Power is not the issue, having an actual duplicate sump is.

HAS ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED A DUPE SUMP ? Smarty, you still around?

Seems to me that this would be of interest to ANYONE with a sump. Most folks think a battery will save them. Not so. If the darn sump pump quits, a battery is worthless. It's scarey to see what little insurance will pay in the event of sump failure.

Reply to
Arnold2303