Air in Water lines only when it gets cold outside.

We first moved into our home last year, about October. A few weeks in we noticed some air in the lines and then one day water stopped coming out. I went immediatly underneath my house and saw that the pipe that connect directly to the water pump was leaking water all underneath my house. I called the plumber and he came out and fixed it, I had told him about the air in my lines and so he place a check valve on the incoming line. Another few weeks went by and we had no problems during those few weeks, and all of a sudden the problem came back. We simply ingnored it. During the summer (when it started to get warmer outside) the problem went away. Now here we are about a year later exactly, September, and the temperature outside this morning was fairly low, and of course now we have air back in the lines.

What the heck is going on?!

I've read some stuff online before and so I checked the valve on the side of my pressure tank, but no water came out of the valve, so I'm guessing it's not a hole in the bladder tank.

Do I not have the pressure set right in the tank? Is the tank to small? What pressure to I set it at?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
kylsklngton302