What is this problem?

Dendrobium, west facing window, 1 " faux blinds cracked about 1.5 inches open. Plant about 6 inces from blind

Has that brown / red sand look like a spider mite infestation, but high power magnification shows no mites, and it does not run or rinse off. Close viewing looks like pitting of the leaves

BruceM

Bruce,

That could be a bacterial result or chemical. Have you sprayed them with anything?

Could someone have been cleaning and oversprayed and the chemical burned the leaf surface? Is it on all the leaves or just the older/newer ones?

Last winter I cleaned the floor in my greenhouse with a power washer. Some Phals were on the bottom shelf and the overspray of just water got on the leaves. I didn't think anything about it since it was only water. A couple of months later I had a bacterial marks all over the leaves. They are outgrowing it now and the new leaves are just fine. The old leaves look like crap and in another year they will be gone and I can show the plants again.

Good growing, Gene

Reply to
Gene Schurg

Now that I am thinking about it, I see several ways I could have gotten chemicals on it. Just sprinkling Comet in the sink sends a fine cloud of chemical dust in the air.

Reply to
BruceM