Time Warner quit offering newsgroups

Hi Everyone.

I've been with this group since sometime in 1997. I've looked at just about every post since then. (I say looked at, rather than read, because there have been times when I glossed over certain subjects.)

I hadn't been here in over a week. Today I thought I would catch up but I find that Time Warner (Roadrunner) has cut us off. How rude!! I don't know if this has been discussed here already or not because I just came to Google groups and I'm writing this without reading first.

Well, I'll have to do something about this. Using Google Groups isn't the answer for the long run because I find it cumbersome and awkward, and of course, you can't even view ABPO from here.

As it is, I feel resentment at the price every time I write a check to Time Warner for TV and internet. Now this.

Feeling cheated,

Steve (in the Adirondacks)

Reply to
Steve

Hi, Steve,

It has been a subject for a while. TW wasn't the first; Verizon was the center of the conversation. Verizon was keeping rgo but getting rid of all the binaries groups. In fact, if you scroll down (or up, depending on how you view the subject lines) past the six previous original posts, you will come to one by Al. The subject line is "abpo gone from Verizon news servers".

Kye is working on something that we all can use; it is discussed in that thread. The situation sucks.

Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga