Phal buds turn red...

All,

I'm a newbie to caring for orchids, and recently acquired my first Phal Brother Saragold Orchid plant (a week back).

The plant came with one flower and 4 buds waiting to flower.

The larger of the 4 buds opened up immediately, that was very rewarding. However, the other buds haven't opened yet. They have changed their colours slightly:

1 bud is still large (and green) and waiting to blossom. 2nd bud (medium size) has not blossomed and has a slight darkish colour on it (mostly green) 3rd and smallest bud has turned reddish-orange.

I have only watered this plant once until now - and that was without orchid food. I am currently keeping it over a glass of water to keep it humidified.

Can you tell me if I need to do something to take care of this plant - is it sick or doing fine?

Thank you all so much Saket

Reply to
saketkhanna

Kenni Judd

There are several websites that pick up feeds from usenet's rec.gardens.orchids and present them to their users as their own. Google's orchid news group is one such web based group, although they do try to make it clear that some of their groups are really feeds from usenet. Three or four websites actively try to disguise this fact.

I suppose it is possible for it to work in reverse: for the unwary newbie to go to different orchid groups on the web and post the same question creating the illusion *here* that they are posting the same question repeatedly.

Just thought I would plant the idea out there.... I don't know if that is what's happened with this thread or not.

Reply to
al