Re-potting question about Hortag

I have a cymbidium that needs the compost changing. I have only been able to get a rather small grade of orchid compost locally and wondered if it would be OK to open up the compost and improve drainage with Hortag or similar expanded clay pellets?

Many thanks Kate

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Sure.

Not only that, cymbidiums grow wonderfully in 100% clay under the semi-hydroponic culture technique (link at the URL below).

Reply to
Ray B

Thanks for the reassurance, Ray. I don`t think I shall risk trying the semi-hydroponic method just yet, though, as I am still an orchid tyro!

Kate

Reply to
invalid unparseable