Phal Secondary Bloom

I once read that you can encourage a secondary blooming on a phal but cutting it just above the second node from the bottom. I did this and it's been about 6-8 weeks with no sign of the spike growing again. Should I just cut the spike all the way to the bottom?

Thanks.

Maddie

Reply to
Maddie

Personally, I think it's a mistake to do so.

Read this:

Ray B

OK Never let it be said that I never help out around here

Run, do not walk, to find your video camera.

Film yourself cutting the Phal spike in the appropriate place to a) encourage branching then b) where to cut it away completely.

Post it to YouTube

Provide a link on your web page to said video.

Newbies the world over will thank you.

Considering the crap that's on You Tube I'd imagine the providers might actually enjoy housing relevant data.

I already ran this idea past my society board, and they looked at me asking 'You Tube???' [blank looks all around]

I wrote this idea in an article to the AOS (which actually may be published in the AQ). So you have to bow in abeyance to me whenever you use this method of instruction. (*G*)

I tried pinging Greg Allikas to pass this idea along to him but he never responded to the ping.

Take the idea and run with it. Inshallah.

K Barrett (bows deeply)

Reply to
K Barrett

As in held in abeyance? Seriously, that's a great idea.

Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga