dendrobium newbie with a question

Hi everyone. I'm fairly new to orchid growing, and bought my first dendrobium about 6 weeks ago. It had three blooms at the time, which have now wilted and one has fallen off. Once the other two have fallen off, should I cut the spike back at all, or just leave it?

Thanks for the help.

Dawn

Reply to
dwentzell

whichever you prefer. it won't branch if you cut it as a phal might; if it grows another spike, it will be from the cane, not an old spike. personally, i leave everything to turn yellow or brown on its own before i cut it.

welcome to the addic-- uh, hobby. :)

--j_a

Reply to
unknown