Coconut Husk Chips

This is a follow up to a question I had back at the end of September. I was looking for the Crystal Company, which I remembered used to advertise in Orchids magazine selling bales of CHC. After some help here, I found their web site and e-mail address. The web site showed the product but showed no prices or any way to order it. I sent an e-mail to inquire. No response was ever received. At that point, I sent an e-mail to Roberts Flower Supply and got a reply within hours. I had ordered from them the last time I bought a full bale of CHC but I wanted to compare prices. I placed the order and their service was very good. Just thought I would report.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Yes, Wayne (Roberts) is good, and I have been buying from him for many years. I did notice that the CHC I get now is not of the same quality or uniformity I got a few years back, but I see the same thing in it from every source I find, so I think it's just what there is no matter where you get it.

Reply to
tenman

I noticed the difference too. Before it was nice clean chunks. Now they are more ragged and more loose fibers. I'm expecting my plants to not care much.

Reply to
Steve