Subject Author Posted Replies

eBay Idiots
Knucklehead trying to sell a broken main breaker for $40: "The handle is broken and is stuck in the on position, other than that it works fine" On what planet does that constitute "works fine"?...
26
26

OT: Woman finds rocks on beach in Cal, they ignite her pants and burn her
As I continue to say, the USA is a strange and frightening place... ======================= Rocks Found At Trestles Beach Ignite In Woman's Pocket Woman Put Rocks In Pocket After Her Children Picked...
18
18

Why should we help the Honey Bee Survive?
Why should we help the Honey Bee? In simple terms, the answer seems very obvious; the bees are one of the mos= t important pollinators in the world. =20 We rely on honey bees for one-third of our food...
45
45

Metal Halide bulb in sodium lamp....
Have no fear..... put in the sodium bulb ($7 cheaper), lit right up. I musta done 1/4 mile worth of climbing for this g-d buhb.... I tell ya, not to go off on a luminous rant, but lighting, at least...
22
22

What is used to decay stumps
I recall reading about some chemical that gets applied to tree stumps to make them decay fast. Anyone know what this stuff is? Normally I dig around them and build a fire on top, but I have one too...
3
3

mower engine blowout again
Bother, that looks like a total catastrophic failure. Closest I've had, was a generator that threw a rod. But, mine was enought to result in some very out of character crude language, as I realized my...
16
16

HOA sides with thieves
"[HOUSTON] Just a few weeks ago, after the birth of their son, [the homeowner] had burglar bars installed. But now the homeowners association said the bars hurt property values and must come down...
39
39

Sewage Pumps
They are fitted with multipor valves which give all the operations by a single liver operation and thus are cost effective & easy to use. They do not require any painting or maintenance. For more...

need advice on installing Bamboo flooring
A contractor is giving me a hard time in coming over to install Bamboo flooring in my small kitchen ( 80 sq.ft). Tired of waiting, so I decided to do it myself, though I have no experience, nor tools...
12
12

Fixed my porch light, not sure how
The back porch light stopped working, a new bulb didn't help. So. I put a meter on the socket. 0 V. I pulled the switch plate off (just a normal single pole). 80 V terminal to terminal. Hmmm? Killed...
59
59

New roof cost.
I'm trying to research the cost of a new roof. I have a old house built in 1900. It's 2.5 story house. There's about 1100sf on the 1st and 2nd floor. The measurements of the roof line is 33 by 33 and...
34
34

the WD-40 war.
If I were smart I'd leave things alone, but it's well known that I'm not smart. So to add another 2 cents to the WD-40 as lubricant war, Grainger, maybe the biggest industrial supply company of a...
3
3

Solar Hot Water With Thermosiphon Connection
even easier is a batch water heater. just plumb an old but non-leaking water tank in-line with the dhw system. Place it in an enclosed insulated "hut"with a glass front to speed up the heating and...
1
1

Is there any recycling for drywall?
I was told that the gypsum is good for the soil, but breaking up the sheets by hand is not an option. I did toss some in a fire and it breaks apart, but it's still not powder. Aside from throwing it...
12
12

How Much CO is too much?
I have a high-sensitivity CO detector. Been reading 000 for years. All of a sudden tonight, it went off at 15PPM. House has been closed up tight all day. I replaced the battery and moved it to another...
18
18