Subject Author Posted Replies

Average Cost For New Garage Roof??
Falcongirl- I wonder if the rotten wood might make it a dangerous job? From your description, the roof might not support the weight of a roofer. It may be necessary to have a general contractor manage...
43
43

Follow-up on cover for fry-pan.
Chastened by the most of my replies, I went out to buy a used lid for my 7.5 inch frypan. A tour of 2 Goodwills and 2 Salvation Armys found me one at the 3rd stop. It fit pretty well, wobbled a bit,...
5
5

Feedback to all concerning buying recommended Speed Queen washer/dryer AWESOME!
After doing a search to find the thread where I asked for recommendation and finding NOTHING!!!! Thought I'd still give some feedback to the group [maybe whoever recommended them will see it] I bought...
1
1

Die-cast toy truck
How should I attach headlights to the DIE-CAST cab of a 1952 Smith Miller toy truck?
10
10

remote control fireplace starter
I've got a house with a skytech remote control that supposed to turn on and off the fireplace. My question is where on the net can I buy another remote similar to what I have. I want to have a 2nd...
3
3

I see this drill motor at Home Depot:-
Ryobi 18-Volt One+ Lithium Ion Drill P897 The customer reviews did not seem as good as I had hoped and I thought I'd ask if you have an opinion of it. TIA. Lewis *****
4
4

Any String Trimmers w/o Centrifugal Clutches?
I liked my old Homelite because I could run it at lower speed without the ear-shattering noise, and it would cut just fine with .95 line in most cases. (It was a single line trimmer.) Or can I defeat...
5
5

Hot to cut off wall-to-wall carpet
We have a wall-to-wall carpet that runs in the hall and one bedroom We want to keep the bedroom carpeted, but take up the hallway portion. Never having done this: How and where do I make the cutoff ?...
2
2

Math profs driver's-side mirror: no blind spot
"A side-by-side comparison of a standard flat driver's side mirror with the mirror designed by Dr. R. Andrew Hicks, mathematics professor at Drexel University. With minimal distortion, Hicks's mirror...
4
4

New flooring
I'd like to put new flooring in a 15x20' room. In order to keep the cost down and for better wear, I was thinking of using "chipboard", similar to plywood, but made of strands of wood, or chips of...
2
2

Harbor Freight Electronic Fly Swatter???
I thought I had seen almost everything electronic, but a Harbor Freight ad in this weeks junk advertising flyer had a super coupon for a "7.99 electronic fly swatter on sale with the coupon for only...
25
25

Radiant Barrier
Figuring if good is good, better must be better, I bit the bullet and opted to install a radiant barrier in my attic. There are two types of radiant barriers: Paint and foil. The paint is ghastly...
18
18

Alarm Stays On
Here's a weird one. I have an old Ademco hard-wired alarm panel which has been running well since 1985. Recently it went into alarm condition but would not shut off. (For a momentary opening of the...
31
31

Damp caused by cement filled hole?
Hoping someone could help. i have a problem with damp on my living room wall about 8ft high. I have been wrongly advsed as to the route of the problem. Firstly i had the wall dug out and replastered...
8
8

Old Garage Roof
I have been working on my 60 year-old garage for the past few days and sort of wonder about the A-frame construction that was used. The roof is supported by 2x6's on 16 inch centers. Then there are...
8
8