TomTom won't stick

It keeps falling off my windshield. Anything I can do? It doesn't seem split anywhere.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Steve B" wrote in news:k3cvbq$kib$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Diamond drill,and an M4 bolt and nut.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Clean it- then put it on one of these-

Makes it a lot easier to toss under your seat when you park at the mall-- and it doesn't leave that ring on your windshield that says 'break in and look under the seat'.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

I use spit.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I use one if these for my Garmin GPS. There are adaptors for a couple of different TomTom models.

My mount allows the power to be connected to the mount so that my Garmin powers up as soon as I clip it in.

I also have one of these for my cell phone, but I have to plug the power into phone manually.

DerbyDad03

Damn, I thought everyone knew to use Duct Tape for shit like this!!!

Reply to
jim_baker

One of ours was doing the same thing. I searched for replacements and bought a clone for around $20. It looks just like the tomtom version except it has a little lever on the base that pulls the disc out creating a much better seal.

Reply to
George

Get a beanbag dashboard mount.

Reply to
Frank

I've had one of those. It works as long as I don't expect it to stay when the car is moving. Maybe if it weighed a few hundred pounds...

I use a suction cup mount with a little metal base that's stuck to the dashboard with some really strong tape (you leave the base there). The suction cup stays on there for more than a day. It's not too much work to reattach it daily when needed.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

jim snipped-for-privacy@3high.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I set mine on the passenger seat.

Reply to
Me

The passenger doesn't mind?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

you can get the same thing on ebay for about $1.50.

Reply to
chaniarts

I threw mine in the garbage. TomTom GPS's are garbage. Or maybe they all are. I've been driving for over 40 years using free maps from the local DMV. I dont need some costly piece of electronic crap nagging me, particularly when the directions are often wrong. After my TomTom ONE caused me to waste at least $30 worth of gas, and hours of time, I deposited it in a dumpster at some gas station, after taking a hammer to it. I will never buy another GPS.

Reply to
alt.home

You sure you didn't hurt its feelings with that hammer treatment? GPS are very sensetive.

.

I threw mine in the garbage. TomTom GPS's are garbage. Or maybe they all are. I've been driving for over 40 years using free maps from the local DMV. I dont need some costly piece of electronic crap nagging me, particularly when the directions are often wrong. After my TomTom ONE caused me to waste at least $30 worth of gas, and hours of time, I deposited it in a dumpster at some gas station, after taking a hammer to it. I will never buy another GPS.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'll take twenty pieces then and I can resell them.

Reply to
George

it was 1.50 when i bought mine about 6 months ago. it's up to $2.89+free shipping now

Reply to
chaniarts

You too? I am in and out of mental hospitals all of the time and didn't know I had to open the box and turn it on. I was only imagining that it was giving me instructions. I'll bet thats what happened to you.

Reply to
better now

Won't work with mine. I see ones that will are around $10.

Reply to
George

I have a Garmin. I give the suction cup a quick lick to make it stick, a trick I learned with my suction cup bow-and-arrows back in the 1950's.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

Does your Garmin shoot peoples eye out?