Subject Author Posted Replies

Mobile generator project
Wanted a basic, durable, low wattage, long run time generator for family, friends, or customers, that will do all the basic necessities for an extended period of time, without having to store and...
14
14

Interesting roofing problem
My tar shingle roof is sloped north-south. Prevailing winds are easterly. The paint under the north-east edge of the roof peels faster than anywhere else. This indicates that water is being pushed...
13
13

Normal to see bed bug after extermination?
If you have one or two live bed bugs, you will soon have a lot of them.
14
14

Broken pedestal of glass figurine
On my glass figurine, the glass pedestal has broken in two. Both surfaces of the break are uneven. How can I smooth the broken surfaces so I can align them for gluing?
21
21

question on garage door opener
I have a Genie screw drive at a house with a double garage. The door is just a single big piece (not sectional), about 7' tall x 16'wide. When the opener closes the door and it's all the way down,...
5
5

Need 3/4 x 1 x 1/8 Aluminum angle for garage door edge
From my earlier posting, I now have partially disassembled my garage door and scraped and wire-brushed the steel along the bottom edge, and spray-painted it with Rustoleum something or other. But, the...
4
4

OT Building new computer (DIY)
This is the wrong group, I'm sure-- but the last 3 I put together were 'bare bones' from either Newegg or The last one was from a few months ago-- A *de*branded HP- slimline tower- dual core E6700...
118
118

Basement in Outbuilding
Yes, you have my approval already! Now get to work. If you can get the equipment inside, dig it out from the inside leaving a 1 foot perimeter, pour the basement walls and be done. It will be slightly...
4
4

repairing plastic housing
I am trying to repair a housing for a pool pump. It split under pressure at the seam. was thinking of epoxing the housing back together. Do you think epoxy will withstand a 70 psi load? Afterwards I...
27
27

Trex Decking Questions, Please
Hello, Thinking of TREX for an outdoor (uncovered) Deck re-do. They have a nice site, but still have a lot of questions. Thought I'd ask you experts here: a. General thoughts and comments regarding...
21
21

OT. Battleship Iowa.
There are a few battleships around the country that are open to visitors. They are amazing to see. Awesome power
10
10

What are the best pest control spray for spiders?
im terrified of spiders and there has been an unusual amount of them getting in the house so i'm looking for some sprays specially for spiders. thank you very much!
15
15

Best way to treat rust along bottom of overhead garage door
I have a WayneDalton steel garage door. The rubber gasket and steel holder was totally rusted out and I removed it with the intent of buying a new gasket and mounting assembly. But, I discovered that...
11
11

side by side doors? one angled.
Assuming the doors will open so they cannot hit each other when open, why not just two separate doors with their own casings, There is enough room between the two doors to make each one a standard...
2
2

IKO Roofing Shingles
Anyone have experience with these shingles? second estimator for my new roof recommended this brand. He claimed that Owens and GAF have had major warranty-related expenses, both having filing...
11
11