Subject Author Posted Replies

Slippery Pipe
I've been asked by a local commercial property owner. He thinks that kids may be scaling to the roof of his business, by way of some pipes outside the building. Can something be sprayed on the pipes,...
20
20

How to clean outside of white aluminum gutters
Three years ago, I posted the message below. At that time, I had tried full-strength Simple Green with no luck. Forgetting what I had tried back then, I again applied full-strength Simple Green, on a...
8
8

A Good Finish For Tool Handles?
I have hammers and other tools with painted handles which I would like to refinish. What might hold up well in the way of an oil finish? I have used Sea Fin Teak Oil on rocking chair arms, and it is...
7
7

Loose screw *inside* Whirlaway garbage disposer?
Hi all, A couple of days ago, a handyman installed a new kitchen countertop in my home. To do that, he removed the sink and faucets and Whirlaway garbage disposer temporarily. He put everything back,...
6
6

Bosch Dishwasher Service Manual
Does anyone here have a source for a downloadable service manual for a Bosch SHU3036 UC/12 dishwasher? The cycle is stopping part of the way through. We have not yet determined if the water is hot...
1
1

Need help with Drain Plumbing Mystery
I am trying to help my daughter & SIL with a plumbing issue. The house was built in 1955 near Hartford CT. They have lived there for 8 years. The 4" cast elbow going to the 1st floor toilet has...
5
5

Which paint will work best, last longest, for outdoor application?
Keep getting contradictory information, so thought would come here to the experts.. Need to paint exterior slightly rough stucco in Arizona sun, wind, and rain blast! Choices are, in order of...
25
25

House for sale. Neighbor is an a**hole
4
4

Wifi network names
I was walking on a walk track furnished by the local hospital. Part of the track goes behind some Apartment building. There were a list of wifi passwords. One of them was "neighbors suck"
53
53

Door bell question
Steve, You can operate the clanging bell off of AC or DC. Probably down to 6 V or maybe less. What you might have to do is adjust it to work on a lower voltage by adjusting the points that open when...
7
7

Semi-OT - CBO: Electric cars are not cost-effective
"At current vehicle and energy prices, the lifetime costs to consumers of an electric vehicle are generally higher than those of a conventional vehicle or traditional hybrid vehicle of similar size...
60
60

leaking boiler - replace with high efficiency unit?
(Note - also posted to alt.hvac) I have a hot water system in my home with the old fashioned cast iron radia= tors, currently heated by a Peerless gas fired boiler dating to 1980. It a= ppears to be...
7
7

strap antenna mast to chimney ??
I am looking at putting up a Digital TV antenna on the outside of the house Because the outside is brick, I can only see 2 solutions for the mast 1) Tripod base on roof 2) Strap mast to brick chimney...
26
26

seal between asphalt driveway and foundation?
Our driveway runs along the (limestone) foundation wall. The driveway has an asphalt top, over a 'hard' base which I'm guessing is a gravel/cement mix. In one area, there's a ~1/2" gap where it abuts...
4
4

Which is better
Hi guys, I'm new here, but i already have a question bugging my mind. I just want to ask what should I use for banister, should I use steel or wood? Would really appreciate your help.
9
9