Subject Author Posted Replies

Rules on Asbestos
The tile flooring in my basement is 40 years old and has asbestos in it. According to State publication, vinyl tile is considered non-friable asbestos and, if I follow some common sense procedures, it...
31
31

Replacing windows and getting around the EPA's lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule.
Suppose a homeowner removed his old windows, in a pre 1978 built home, clea= ned up the mess in preparation for the instillation of new replacement wind= ows by a non-lead certified handyman. Has the...
16
16

(OT) Political Party choice is determined by Car
An American person's Political Party choice is determined by the type of Car they drive. Republicans prefer Ford. Democrats prefer Chevrolet / GM. Independents prefer Chrysler / Dodge. Non-voters...
15
15

Eliminating Multicolored Edges After Painting Walls
Hi, Newly painted walls left a bit of the previous paint along the edges. How do you get rid of it? I tried Goof-Off but that would have required more material and time than I was willing to expend...
4
4

Black & Decker Rice Cooker
We have a B&D rice cooker that quit working. When you plug it in, the light indicates 'warm' but the switch won't work when you depress it. I took the bottom off but couldn't see anything that would...
8
8

Honeywell heating
Does anyone know about motorised valve zones, my honeywell heating has 3 motorised valves v4043h, one for heating and the other two for heating upstairs and for downstairs, upstairs can be on why...
7
7

60% off discount at Home Depot after I asked for the Corporate Telephone Number
... What difference does that make? I've done same several times at various outlets. They yell if they get the chance but what else are they going to do???
24
24

Y'all have been saved.
UK scientists make petrol out of thin air. Environment - The Telegraph

Condensors white or silver?
If a refrigerator is used outdoors, in the summer. The condensor on the back, is black tubing. As we know, black absorbs heat from the sun shine, which makes the compressor work harder. Of course,...
63
63

Fence facing etiquette
When I was young I learned that fence facing etiquette is to have the pretty side of the fence facing outward towards your neighbors. My questions: (1) Is this a law in places? (2) Is this the same...
68
68

faucet holes for Corian countertop
We are getting a Corian countertop for the kitchen (actually one of the similar brands). When do we need to decide on the number of holes for the faucet - when we order it, or are they drilled after...
19
19

White, no black, is the new stainless
"Is this the end of a 25-year run for stainless steel? Major manufacturers are placing bets on different potential successors to the shiny, upscale appliance finish, whose resilience surprised many."...
29
29

Washing lightbulbs
With the old incandescent bulbs, washing lightbulbs was pretty simple. Just remove them from the fixture, then dip them in the sink and wash them. Wipe them dry with a dish towel, and replace them....
30
30

Exploding toilets
Here's the whole story which you'd have to scroll down to read: "FLUSH, KABOOM! IN SOUTH CAROLINA "The terror that strikes from below ? an exploding toilet bowl ? is sowing fear and fecal water all...
6
6

WW2 pix
Kodachrome pix from WW2 My Russian blog started to be visited by many English speaking readers after I posted the following post. I thought it would be great to give this post a special place in my...