Subject Author Posted Replies

Youtube
I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on "Youtube" It seems to be downloading fast enough, ie the grey line stays well ahead of the red. (WinXP) Anyone any ideas why & what...
10
10

OT: the sexiest man alive
Koreans ---- ahahahahahahahahahaha BEIJING - The online version of China?s Communist Party newspaper has hailed a report by The Onion naming North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un as the "Sexiest Man...
9
9

OT, New Education Proposal
A proposal to help under-performing students in our education system. ^_^
3
3

Bosch 5312 vs Dewalt DW718
Hi, I need somewhat urgent advice regarding the choice between these saws. I've= been researching these saws and both seem to be quite good. Furthermore, I= saw two great deals on these saws that were...
6
6

How can half of an outlet not work?
Its a regular duplex outlet. Only fed by 2 wires +ground. No switches or anything inline. Both sides of it used to work, now only one side works???? How can that be?
5
5

Holiday Sales....
So I missed Black Friday, cyberMonday.... well, more like boycotted them.... Aren't the after Xmas sales just as good or better? Mebbe not the same variety/choice, but mebbe even steeper discounts?...
102
102

I'm torn....
getting ready to put up the lawn mower for the season. Some tell me to top it off with stabilized gas while others say drain the gas. Anyone have any actual insight to share?
28
28

Sewer Backup Prevention
Background: I have a 1955 raised ranch with a full bath and a kitchen on the main floor= , both have sewer lines that go straight down into the basement floor. The = basement is unfinished but I have...
27
27

Not too late to stock up...
The ban on 75-watt bulbs takes effect January 1st, 2013. Just a reminder.
19
19

Please explain "Parallel pressure reducing valves"
I found this at 's an image showing parallel pressure reducing valves along with this text: "Installing pressure reducing valves in parallel offers the ability to service a valve while continuing to...
10
10

Name that tune
Bought some LED recessed lighting through HD, by Lithonia lighting back in June. Nice lights, a bit pricey, supposed to last 35k hours. Here we are in November, and one of the (21) lights I put in,...
6
6

Running fridge without an evaporator fan, or with a noisy one?
I was at a friend's house earlier tonight and his fridge was squealling and screaching like a 'coon in a trap. It went on for abpit 30, 90, or 10 seconds and then there would be a quet time for 2 to...
11
11

loose ceramic disk faucets
I made the move to lifetime ceramic disk faucets, but am concerned in the w= ay there seems increasing sloppy play thru the handles and no apparent way = to adjust. That is, at any given volume...
3
3

Finding light canvas
Canvas I've found in our small town to 12K people has been fairly thick and heavy. I've used some 8x10' sheets for equipment I leave outdoors; however, there are time when I want to cover piles of...
12
12

AC Cord Female Connector with Strong Grip?
I'm getting fed up with my various outdoor AC cords constantly falling off various outdoor power tools - lawn mower, blower, string trimmer, etc. - as I use them. By any miracle can anyone point me at...
12
12