Subject Author Posted Replies

OT -Where are all the free calendays?
Usually by this time of year I have received several calendars for the coming year, and many banks have piles laying around to be picked up. Has the internet obsoleted the lowly calendar? Besides my...
16
16

OLD gas furnace blower issues
I have an old Honeywell gas burner furnace that the blower won't shut off on. The furnace heats great, just won't shut off unless I shut the whole furnace down. Not a good thing when it's below 30...
18
18

Creepiest Santas Of All Time
ech 14 Creepy Santas Who Might Give You Nightmares

HF promos for Christmas gifts
Gave away two eaches 25 foot promo HF tape measures, today. Both went to 3 year old boys. Both were well received, with great excitement. I've got to shop at HF, again. Christopher A. Young Learn more...
3
3

Having trouble lighting a second propane gas fireplace for 2 reasons
Having trouble lighting a second propane gas fireplace for 2 reasons. 1. The spark is bouncing all over the place (see short video). The propane is coming out too fast for the pilot to light (see...
22
22

OT, A Very Wet Christmas
It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now. Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the whole house! O_o TDD
24
24

Why would anyone C clamp open all the fireplace flues?
I asked in the old thread a few days ago, but nobody saw it so I'm reposting this question. Why would anyone C clamp open all the fireplace flues? When I tried to open the flue before lighting the...
64
64

Seasonal Nonoffensive Greetings
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Happy holidays Please accept with no obligation, implied or expressed, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive,...
7
7

Binder for pea gravel
Saw a number of pea gravel paths where the pea gravel seems to be bound together with clear epoxy in a freeze environment. Anyone have experience with this in a freeze environment? Thickness? Type of...
16
16

OT, Merry Christmas Everyone!
I wish EVERYONE a Merry Christmas even those I disagree with. Perhaps we can put our differences aside for one day and wish everyone well. ^_^ TDD
10
10

Thanks to some friends
Had a very noisy blower fan on my truck. Others have mentioned drill, and oil. I did that, and the squealing and noise went away. I'd done that kind of thing before, but it is nice to be reminded, and...
2
2

Scotch Broom & Spanish Broom removal tips
Since it has been raining for a couple of weeks, I was able to pull out hundreds of Scotch Broom plants, with thicknesses up to the size of my wrist (due to the 2 foot deep taproot being in mud at...
7
7

Paving Stones & Sand: Damp vs Dry?
In the few videos I've watched, they tamp/compact the gravel, but not the sand that is layed over the gravel. In my test fit, I'm using about 2" of sand over solid shale. viz: local playground is...
4
4

Seni-OT: End the war on salt!
"This week a meta-analysis of seven studies involving a total of 6,250 subjects in the American Journal of Hypertension found no strong evidence that cutting salt intake reduces the risk for heart...
27
27

OT: For Harry - The Dodgy Blue Line
"England has 39 police forces, headed by 39 chief constables or commissioners. In the past 18 months, seven have been sacked for misconduct, suspended, placed under criminal or disciplinary...
1
1