Ceiling Fan Decapititions

Every year about 6 billion people are decapitated by ceiling fans. Yet, the government and industries that are supposed to protect us do nothing about it. These same companies are the ones that ban smoking in bars, and have removed lead from paint. WTF.... People who eat paint DESERVE to die, and smokers choose to die. But what about these killer fans? People can and do accidentally get decapitated daily. Tall people have more risk than others, but everyone can, and may get their heads removed at any moment.

Why isn't something being done about this? All it takes is a simple cage type housing over the fan's blades, to prevent these unnecessary deaths. I think it's time for everyone who has lost a friend or relative due to ceiling fan decapitation to file a lawsuit against the companies that manufacture these killing devices. Either put them out of business, or FORCE them to make safe fans.

More people die from ceiling fans on a yearly basis, than people die from guns. Yet all we hear about is banning guns. How about banning ceiling fans until they can be made safe....

Ban The Fan !!!

Reply to
banthefanb

It's far easier and more effective to ban the tall people. They're easier to spot, and they'll come to you. A basketball game is a good place to hone your craft.

Reply to
mike

I just heard an interesting statistic tonight on TV.

It's been about about 4 months since the shooting at Sandy Hook High School in Newtown, Conneticut took the lives of 20 children and 6 adults.

However, during those 4 months, over 3,400 Americans have been killed by gun violence throughout the rest of the United States! The number I saw was 3410 as of the evening of April 17th.

Admitedly, most of that is gangstas killing gangstas, but it makes Sandy Hook School look like a drop in the bucket.

Reply to
nestork

How many have died on our highways or been killed by drunk drivers or texters? I thought it interesting that the loss of life and injuries in Boston is probably equal to one of those big highway pileups caused by fog or icy road conditions. Why is there no call to ban vehicles? o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

BAN THE FAN BAN THE FAN BAN THE FAN!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
daisyybrant

That is alarming especially when you consider there are only 36 billion people on earth. In 6 years we will be extinct.

Reply to
gotnomoney9999

That is alarming when you consider there are only 7.6 billion people on earth.

Reply to
gotnomoney9999

This is my biggest fear and I'm very short how old is this anyway xD

Reply to
swatisinghlfl

Uhmmmm... let?s not ban tall people.

- Tall Person

Reply to
americangassy

Your comment is very rude and offensive. You and your little friends need to stop hating on us tall people and ban the fan.

Reply to
hannah.hayden01

There are 7.5 billion people on the entire earth so I'm not sure how 80% die each year from ceiling fans

Reply to
apple.laurenh

This urban myth was "busted" in 2004

Anonymous

Absolutely. Just last week in this forum I pointed out that in the summer they just blow the hot air near t he ceiling down to where the people are.

Now I learn that the people are likely to be dead. Decapitated. A terrible way to die.

First ban them during the summer. Make them be removed each May. People will tolerate that. Then over the summer, make it iilegal to put them back. A regulation like that won't seem so bad. We know what's best for them. It's amazing that with this much death, the fannies still believe in fans.

Fake news.

Reply to
micky

You apparent;y don't recognize trolling when it partakes.

Reply to
Hawk