Subject Author Posted Replies

What IS quality bamboo flooring?
I have pergo flooring in my living room, and I really don't like the fake, almost "plastic" feel of it and the slipperiness of it. I love how dark bamboo flooring looks and also appreciate the fact...
5
5

what kind of plywood is recommended for outside deck?
2x6 floor joist on 16 What is recommended for FINISH ON THE WOOD.
2
2

Mower runs for 10-15 minutes and then starts sputtering
I have a fair;y new mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine. The mower has always started reliably but this year it started sputtering right after st arting it. I checked the gas cap, fresh gas, clear...
9
9

Moldex?
Anyone here familiar with a product called Moldex (put out by Emvirocare)? Suggestions on it's use are sought, and any warnings that may apply. Attempting to treat molded wood where a pipe leaked...
4
4

Socket holders
I have this tool box: It's a real pain to search through all of the sockets in the red removable tray to find the needed socket. Do you have suggestions as to how I can organize the sockets better? I...
19
19

Water leak in threaded connectors
I am trying to replace the leaky water line to my evaporative cooler. I made an adapter to go from the male end of a water hose to the 1/4" copper line cooler connection. This worked with no problems...
12
12

Thinset & sand INSTEAD OF concrete?
Dear Readers, I've a 3/4 bag full of thinset that I'm not going to use. And I have mason's sand. And I've got to pour some footings for a small fence in my backyard. Can I mix the two and use instead...
5
5

OT Homeless
I just learned today that a friend of my nephew (who is staying with me) is homeless. The friend stayed here for 3 weeks before I blew a fuse and insisted that my nephew took him home. It was only...
41
41

EMT electrical conduit -- how many NM wires?
I have a dedicated 15-amp circuit in an unfinished basement that runs to an outlet on the wall for the sump pump. The wire/cable that goes to the outlet is white 14/2 NM-B w/ground. From the ceiling...
33
33

sqeaky shoes
I recently got a new pair of knock around shoes made of plastic. They squeak when walking. I sprayed them with wd40 but they still squeak. what do I do to keep them quiet? Thanks for a reply
6
6

OT Another Dreamliner burns
On the ground @ Heathrow. Flights resume at Heathrow Airport after runways were closed for 90 minutes due to a fire on a parked Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 787 Dreamliner jet.
16
16

wrought iron gate doesn't close properly
Hi, I need to fix a wrought iron gate that doesn't close properly. Can I sledge hammer it or wonder bar it? I don't want to hurt it....about a foot of it is maybe bent? It protrudes a little by the...
5
5

Supco UET electronic defrost timers
Looking for reliability info on the UET Supco freezer defrost timer replacements. We have a 6 mos. old Whirlpool that has already had a defrost timer die. The warranty replacement is identical and I...
3
3

what to ask Roofing guy/company
Hi Today one roofing company/guy came to see my roof. He said you have 1 layer and he can put the new shingles on top of it or he can remove the existing one and put a new one but for double price. He...
25
25

Vinyl window repair
I have a 6 over 9 vinyl window, single hung, and the top window has lost a seal. I am pretty handy and would like to take out the 6 pane window and replace it but have no experience with vinyl windows...
5
5