Subject Author Posted Replies

DIY (kinda) tip for September, 2013
Here's how you can find tradespeople that really are willing to go the extra mile to do a good job for you. What do you do with your old yellow pages phone directory when you get a new one every year?...
13
13

jenn-air dishwasher jdb1080awb
I have a jenn-air dishwasher jdb1080awb. The front panel lights do not ful ly display and the touch control doesn't seem to respond. When I push the start button, the dishwasher hums for a couple of...
26
26

Ballgas deal
If you use Balgas propane there is a deal out there Promo Code FF20131 $1.99 a gallon. I would usually pay $4.60 or so.
5
5

Connector ID please
what is the external battery pack connector called? I should know this but my brain isn't helping, and I'm not coming up with the right search keywords either. I have a few battery chargers for...
26
26

OT, Cute Little Blond In The Miss America Pageant
It would be great if this cute gal became Miss America. ^_^ TDD Miss Kansas is not in Kansas anymore. And the Miss America pageant has never seen anyone like her.
31
31

We have a leak over flowing drip tray and the center strip is hot to touch!
The drip pan keeps over flowing. Filter is new, drain plug clear. The drip seems to be coming from a metal piece at the back bottom of the fridge shown in picture metal dripping between the two...
8
8

.44 Magnum Mailbox
Take the funny and run (but first click through today's gallery.)

yet another leaky alkaline! can't believe this...
Pulled the D cell and 9V battery from my Simpson 260 today as I'd bought a pair of Tenergy Centura D cells the other day at Micro Center and they finally finished their break in cycle on my charger....
5
5

outdoor benches
I have some outdoor benches that have been stained with stain from lowes. Can I put a water sealer on them or what should I use to preserve the wood? Thanks for any reply
9
9

Anyone have experience with a leaking lannonstone chimney instead of brick
I have had some work done - new flashing, waterproofing )though I don't know what kind) The problem has gotten worse, especially with new flashings - replaced twice in 2 years. I have gone on the roof...
2
2

Noise transfer between floors.
Remodeling daughter's attic. Presently 2"x 8" floor joists with 1"x7" shiplap perpendicular thereon. Ultimate goal is carpet with high quality pad. What else can I do to reduce noise transfer? Place...
19
19

Ceiling Repair
I have a very old (100+ years) house, and am having issues with the lathe a nd plaster ceiling in one of the bedrooms. The plaster has started to sag and is causing some cracking. The cracks are all...
5
5

Entire dishwashers are disposable apparently.
Dishwasher is probably 3-4 years old... came out of a friend's new house (installed by builder, friend upgraded to all stainless appliances. Got the range, dishwasher, and fridge as upgrades to old,...
21
21

thermostat wire
My old house has a 3-wire thermostat, and I can either use a mechanical thermostat, or one that uses AA batteries. I want to put in a smarter thermostat that requires power supplied by the furnace....
29
29

How to make room light turn on an additional lamp?
I have a room with one spot light at the ceiling that is not very bright. Using a bright bulb just light up a spot in the room brighter. I bought a floor lamp for the room. Is there a way to make the...
20
20