Subject Author Posted Replies

tilted frost-free sillcock
Inspired by Trader, I'm again looking into a frost-free sillcock. The text and video pages seem to make a big deal out of tilting the pipe down 5 degrees as opposed to up 5 degrees. Up is not the...
19
19

Wife's car
I mentioned in another thread that my wife had flipped her car over . Turns out that where it went into the ditch was the end of a concrete culvert that goes under the highway , and it musta hit...
22
22

Pool heater problem
My 3 y/o Raypak 207A isn't sparking up. The long model# is P-M207A-EN-C The display says "SPK" and I can hear the pilot trying to light but I can't actually see the pilot. I guess it's the LoNOx model...
5
5

Powering LEDs from a broken LED/LCD TV.
Hope this link works. I occasionally part out newer TVs that have had the screen broken. I decided I'd try to get a set of LED's to light up. Got 8 of these strips out of a 46" Samsung. I ramped up...
12
12

what does a [home] Locksmith ask for ?
I've bought a [empty] house, and 2 incompetent agents have somehow lost the keys! Anyway, when I call the Locksmith, for the front door, will he be asking for any proof of ownership? And if so, what....
6
6

OT - speaking of weather
4
4

Sharp Mod. R-9330 Microwave Possible Cosmetic Damage
We have an ancient microwave oven that is still functional but the plastic liner on the inside of the door around the window shattered the other day when my wife opened the door. I've looked this over...
8
8

OT: Foster Farms plant linked to salmonella outbreak shut down over cockroaches
sure thing, the food industry is over-regulated and the free market can solve all our problems USDA suspends operations at Foster Farms plant in Calif. after infestation discovered, prompting company...
3
3

Flickering Ceiling Lights
All the ceiling lights in the house started flickering intermittently, as if there is a loose connection in the circuit. It's just the light - wall receptacles are fine. It is not happening all the...
70
70

OT - flashlight close out on Amazon
This just in from a friend: Remember that $4.00 flashlight I bought just to see how good/bad a $4.00 flashlight would be? It's the Cree Q5 I got from Amazon: Well, it turned out to be one amazing...
42
42

OT: Top Christie Staff Sought Lane Closings as Revenge
A series of newly obtained emails and text messages shows that Gov. Chris Christies office was closely involved with lane closings on the New Jersey side of the George Washington Bridge in September,...
13
13

Space heater fans
Anyone figured out how to keep the space heater fan motors working? In my experience, they get annoyingly noisey and sometimes even die long before the heating element burns out. I've tried oiling...
11
11

Exposed Romex wiring - drilling into beam to hide wire?
In our kitchen, 3 different Romex wires come down from the attic into the main room and then into the wall to power 3 different outlets. We'd like to redrill the attic holes to be behind the wall so...
33
33

Heatilator GNDC 36 Nat. Is there a flame adjustment. Mine Very small.
I would like to know if there is a flame adjustment on the GNDC 36 Natural gas insert. The flame is slight and I don't see anywhere on the gas valve where there may be an adjustment.
1
1

bleeder valve cap nut.
My garden faucets each have a valve in the pipe going to them which has a built-in bleeder valve, to drain the water in the pipe after the water to the pipe is turned off. The bleeder valve is opened...
7
7