Subject Author Posted Replies

PVC threaded fittings into Vacuum Breaker -- shorten threaded part?
I'm replacing the indoor section of the plumbing that feeds our sprinkler system. The old PVC threaded fittings screwed in far enough that the shoulder of the fitting contacted the body of the vacuum...
3
3

Synthetic roofing underlayment?
I'm getting a new roof. One of the roofer is proposing to use a synthetic underlayment in place of the traditional felt. He showed me samples of felt and the synthetic and asked me to try to tear...
5
5

Masonry bits. vs. Hammer drill bits
Masonry bits. vs. Hammer drill bits I had assumed they were the same. Maybe not? Hammer drill bits seem very expensive. The cheapest was $4.50 and I think that one was small. A lot are 40 dollars or...
23
23

OT Chipped car keys and magnets?
I have a question. I'd like to put a chipped programmed Nissan Versa door/ignition key in one of those magnetic key containers somewhere accessible from the outside of the car in case I lose or mislay...
23
23

A testimo
Back in the very early 80s, I bought a Honda HRA214 self-propel mower. Use d it all over my 2 acre homesite, wore the rubbers off the drive wheels twi ce and was ready to replace them a third time...
1
1

How to find a 3" pipe, threaded on both ends and 3" long?
Plumber came to kitchen to take care of my clogged drain after I failed to do it myself. Below the sink, he took off the trap that had what he called a 3" pipe attached to it. Well as he was trying to...
72
72

parking lot flooding now.
How much water can a drain beside the road that is 4 inches high by 6 feet long, that feeds a 22 to 24" diameter pipe that is 50 feet long remove from the parking lot? It used to be as much as could...
34
34

Electricians ?
Any electricians here. :-) I have a customer who has some window units installed, but they keep blowing the breaker(s). --------------------------- I want to find out which breaker controls the...
10
10

Bradford White Water Heater
I have a gas one and it is giving me fits! Our old one began leaking on New Year's Eve perhaps 3 years ago. I can't remember for sure. Had problems ever since with it. Would not stay lit. I called...
22
22

Precisely how easy is it to ENTIRELY wipe fingerprints off of blank Avery address labels?
I have two packages of Avery address labels that I bought in 1998 and there are a lot of blank labels still left in each of the packages and so I was wondering if it is possible to remove my...
4
4

Sharpen, and then balance lawn mower blade
Today the lawn needed mowing. The mower wasn't doing all that good, so I flipped it up (1965 or so model Jacobsen walk behind). Blade is massively dull. Bring it in to sharpen, and then balance. Cuts...
1
1

New furnace ?
I have a 21 year old 80,000 BTU 80% efficiency gas furnace than I'm looking to replace this year or possibly next. House is 1900 sq ft. The only repair it's needed was an igniter. Present ductwork and...
31
31

Doorbell Continuously rings- (but not a short)
My wired doorbell button broke so I bought a replacement (the actual plastic button cracked and fell out) The doorbell worked fine before the button broke. I purchased a replacement button and removed...
30
30

mixing Refrigerants r134a rf22
Last year, I added some dye (EFProducts Ester 100) for R134A into my home H VAC system (RF22). Afterwards, I found out that one should not mix them. Should I drain my system and clean the tubing? I...
2
2

OT -- Walmart Walkie talkies
I was in a Walmart, last night. Noticing how the staff (at least some of them) have walkie talkies (more correctly called handy talkies). Are these FRS band like are sold to everyone, or are they on a...
13
13