indirect water heater vs. electric water heater.

Hi. My 7-year old 40gal SuperstorUltra indirect water heater sprang a leak and I need to replace it. My well=maintained boiler is an oil-fired 7year old Burnham MPO-147, originally advertised at 85% efficiency.

How do I figure out if better to replace the indirect water heater in-kind, or switch to all electric?

Assume 2 adults and 2 children in the house. 220V is readily available. Propane, natural gas, and heat-pump waterheater are not being considered due to availability and reluctance to try new tech.

I'm not afraid of the math to compare. I just need guidance on what to do. Many thanks! Theodore.

Reply to
millinghill

You can compare fuel cost here.

Propane and natural gas is far fron new trchnology after 75 or more years.

Easiest is usually to replace with what you have.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski