Subject Author Posted Replies

What is the actual effect of iso-cyanuric acid (CYA) stabilizer on chlorine in an uncovered outdoor home pool
As an offshoot of another thread (on chlorine true costs), I bring out this discussion, mostly by trader4 and me, on what the *actual* effect is of CYA on chlorine sanitization for an *outdoor* home...
42
42

how much concrete?
I want to pour a 4 x 8 slab four inches thick at the entrance to a garden shed.Will someone please tell me how many 80lb sacks of concrete I will need? Thanks for any reply
17
17

The Scooter Store
I recently have learned of the closing of 'The Scooter Store', stopping the sale of its battery-powered motorized chairs. Wouldn't you know, we have one. And wouldn't you know, it has stopped running....
27
27

T 1-11 Siding application
We have a 400 foot building that we refer to as the back house. It has electrical, phone, heat and a fireplace. No plumbing. The idiots who owned this house before built it and much like everything...
44
44

LED Bulb Recommendation
Hi, As mentioned in a previous post, we will replace some of the 85 halogen bulbs (50W) in our house with LEDs. Despite all those bulbs the house is seriously underlit. The standard 50W equivalent...
11
11

3M SCOTCH 70 Self Fusing Silicone Rubber Electrical Tape
Anyone used this ? Does it stay fused and last for a long time ? 3M SCOTCH 70 Self Fusing Silicone Rubber Electrical Tape
3
3

Which PEX Crimp Rings are Best?
While shopping for a PEX crimp tool, bothj at local stores and online, I have found there are two types of crimp rings. There are the staniless steel ones that appear to be more expensive, but look to...
3
3

railing for concrete steps
Have a flight of 10 concrete steps in the back of the house where wife wants a wrought iron railing. First call she made got a quote of $100/foot or $1,000 installed for powder coated wrought iron....
15
15

rake for tile roof?
I'm trying to figure out an improved tool for getting leaves off a concrete tile roof. Yeah, I can blow the leaves off, and have been doing so. But there can be a lot of leave, and they like to stick...
5
5

Tile saw
Looking for suggestions, on purchasing a tile saw. The job is going to be a one time deal, my shower area. Would you purchase something new, used? Maybe rent? Thanks NW
12
12

Garbage dispoal and laundry room backup
I have a single sink with attached garbage disposal. the dishwasher is connected directly and it all works correctly and there is no drainage problems. I do how ever have backup from my laundry room...
2
2

Building precision
I don't know if it is me or Google, but when I look down on the Great Pyramid it looks like it is at least 2 degrees off North. (The video claims exactly North 1/500 of a degree) (3:25) The Great...
21
21

One hose portable AC?
A friend's air conditioning has failed and she doesn't have the money to replace the compressor etc. So she's looking at so-called portable AC One unit she saw looks nice, has the right controls plus...
58
58

Actual price/gallon for 12% Hasa Pool Chlorine (for SMS and the Silicon Valley)
SMS turned me on to the "Pool Store" in Saratoga, which runs a "special" all the time on HASA 12% liquid chlorine (I buy 16 gallons at a time), which has the following math, if interested. HISTORY: It...
41
41

Any suggestions for a cheap pool vacuum run on water?
I need a temporary pool vacuum for the rest of the summer in a place that I am renting which didn't come with a pool vac. It's my responsibility to keep the pool clean so I have been hand vacuuming...
2
2