replacing facsia on a manufactured hom

I need to replace the fascia on my manufactured home. The original is less than

1 inch thick. What is the best wood to use?
Reply to
janice

IMO, the best material is PVC that looks like wood and is available in the same sizes. It's especially good for areas that are prone to rotting, eg behind gutters. Aside from that, it also depends on what size you need, if you have a saw to rip it down to size if necessary, etc. Otherwise the sizes you need and what they have available may limit the choices. Fascia is typically just pine. Another choice is a finger joined product, available in various lengths, already primed, etc. It's easier to find that in long lengths that are ready to go, no checks than pine. How long it lasts depends on how well you paint it and keep it painted. Exposed, that stuff will fall apart or warp in no time. And I would probably not use it in any locations that could be a problem, eg behind gutters in shady areas, etc.

Reply to
trader_4

"janice" wrote in message news:a3fbc$546baf91$cf3aab60$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com

I agree with trader_4 about PVC being best, hard to beat rot proof, but if you have to use wood, Western red cedar would not be a bad choice.

Reply to
dadiOH