Subject Author Posted Replies

9 volt charger with a 7.5 volt Makita drilll?
What happens if you use a smaller than the original 9 volt charger with a 7.5 volt Makita drill, which currently is totally dead. I just don't have time to find a 7.5 volt wall wart, and it's not...
3
3

NiMh batteries
Looking for recommendations for 9 volt NiMh batteries. EBL has one they claim has a 600 mah capacity. What about Tenergy's 200 mah battery ? Especially interested to hear from those who have used...
19
19

chilipepper water recirculating
Does anyone have any experience with or opinions about the chilipepper hot water recirculation pumps Running a separate return pipe would be a lot of work and unlike the other brands you all told me...
11
11

Maintenance Free Battery!
Long ago I read that sulfate left on battery plates eventually hardens. In addition, it?s good to have a battery well charged before hitting the starter because the surge can knock sulfate off the...
8
8

Chainsaw Comment
Likely unrelated to Danny D's post today. Maybe ten years ago, I stopped at a friend's to help him cut up some damaged trees after a wind storm. He remarked to me that his chain saw takes straight...

Drat. I have been using TCW-3 two-stroke oil in my chainsaw gas:oil mixture for two years
I just realized, when I bought a new gas can to mix a new batch of 50:1 two-stroke oil for my chainsaw, that I have been using TCW-3 two-stroke oil for the past two years. Drat!
32
32

Transmatic
My lawn tractor has a Transmatic transmission. It slips in "5th gear". A transmatic has a drive belt coming off of the engine which goes to a double pulley. A belt travels from this pulley to a...

furnace replacement vs. heat pump
My husband and I want to replace our old furnace and defunct central air sy stem. We have called four contractors for estimates. Each one of them has t ried very hard to sell us a heat pump. Several...
24
24

Bathroom sink faucet handle won't come off (stuck?)
i tried the same puller no go. next step is the cutoff wheel to cut handle in half/
9
9

How to make clear glass frosty
Next to my main entrance door there is a window - 10"W x 37.5"H - of clear glass. While it appears to be three distinctive windows, if I take off the decorative trim there is only a single 8.0" x...
66
66

OT - Modern Nutrition - (changed from the slanderous Damn that JB subject line)
The problem, of course, that cooking takes a lot of time and now that most women are in the work force, who's going to spend all day cooking fresh food? I've started cooking more now that I've retired...
57
57

Danny D. Where you B?
Danny, What's happening with the well water problems you folks had going? Any improvement or changes?
5
5

Toilet Seat "Bumpers"
Hello, Am trying to find some replacemnt "Bumpers" for the underside of a toilet seat. The, more or less, rectangular ones that have press-in studs on them. The studs are about 1-1/4 apart. Easy to...
8
8

Separate ground wire to panel to ground outlets?
This question was posted in another forum by someone that I know and I thought that I would try posting it here to get some feedback on his behalf: He wrote, "In a house that has ungrounded, 2 prong...
62
62

Waterproofing product For A Cardboard Tube ?
Hello, Is there some kind of (liquid ?) waterproofing product avail. at HD or Lowes that I can apply to a cardboard mailing tube to make it waterproof ? Would like to use it to store a fishing rod...
17
17