Subject Author Posted Replies

Waterproofing product For A Cardboard Tube ?
Hello, Is there some kind of (liquid ?) waterproofing product avail. at HD or Lowes that I can apply to a cardboard mailing tube to make it waterproof ? Would like to use it to store a fishing rod...
17
17

Fence Post Treatment
I would like to stake deer protection around Japanese maples with 2x2" stakes, using wire strands running through them. (At this time of year bucks in the rut like to scrape their felt off on young...
2
2

Any bright ideas?
Here's a pic of hole by the drain of a ten year old tub, replaced when retiled surround and the rest of the bath. Was cleaning the tub yesterday when I was trying to remove rust stains from around the...
12
12

Moaners Hub
Just went to the site, and had a look around. Lot of old posts archived there. Much like Google Groups. I've not been a Giggle Groper poster, and they threw me off Moaners Shrub. Found I could not log...
3
3

Pressure Pump not working
Hello, i turned off the water to my house and turned off all the vavles for the pressure pump and turned off the power to the pump to do some plumbing work for a washing machine. i turned the water...
4
4

Ceiling install
I have a bathroom that has a cathedral ceiling in it. I would like to put in a normal ceiling and use the wasted space above then for storage. The c eiling will be about 10' x 6'. The question I have...
4
4

OT Shopping
A young and an old man collided shopping carts in a large department store. The young man said...I am sorry I was looking for my wife and I didn't see you. The old man said he was also looking for his...

looking to replace a 10' X 10' canopy roof
Just like the other gentleman looking for a 10' X 20' roof replacemnet,I am looking for a replacement roof canopy for my canopy, a 10 ft. x 10 ft. steel frame cabana. The ref. code ASC 940363 FEB...

Muriatic acid, removing excess mortar, brick steps repair
I am in just finishing repairing and repointing brick steps like the ones shown in the following YouTube video: . I made a bit of a mess while doing it, so I am going to want to remove the excess...
10
10

Patio Cover Tear-down
I have to remove an old wooden patio cover and replace with a sun room. All the wood is sound with some minor dry rot all over. Can' access internet now (due to Verizon as usual) so I'll describe it....
13
13

Classic symptoms of a gas oven thermostat dying?
Anyone had this problem with a GE gas oven please? First, the internal auto-probe started undercooking everything, but when I replaced the probe, it did nothing. I figured the problem may be with the...
8
8

California drought (and my respect to Danny D, who is trying to help)
Calif has major risk of forest fires. Hope Danny D and everyone out there is OK. ==================== With Dry Taps and Toilets, California Drought Turns Desperate OCT. 2, 2014 PORTERVILLE, Calif. ?...
21
21

exterior wood stain block
Hello, help needed please. I sanded right back to wood, primed, undercoated & painted with exterior paint a previously varnished wood porch. There are yellow stains bleeding through & running down the...
4
4

Solvent for new Thompsons WaterSeal
Thompsons WaterSeal Advanced has been on the market for a couple of years. The label promises "Easy soap & water clean-up," the product apparently reformulated so as to comply with European Union...
6
6

Nylon insert nuts
Instead of lock washers, some nuts use nylon inserts to keep them on. How many times can one put the nut on -- and off in between -- and have it still work well as a lock nut?. When does the nylon...
20
20