need help finding an LED replacement bulb

Hi All,

I am drawing a blank trying to find what LED bulb would replace this 6V, 4W incandescent bulb that gave my wife a nasty burn on here sewing machine (Bernina 1130).

Anyone know a seller that would have a good cross reference?

Many thanks,

-T

Reply to
Todd

Hi, First is the bulb on 6V AC or DC power source? You may have to jury rig to make it fit. Google "6V AC/DC LED bulb" You may need a socket off old bulb to jury rig one. Good luck. My wife loves to saw, has 3 sewing machines and a serger. She likes White-Elna computerized one. She no more knits tho, knitting machine is given away.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

That's not an LED bulb.

Try

or

Here is one on Ebay

Retired

Hi, OP is looking for cool LED bulb replacement, you're pointing to incandescent ones, Funny, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

No idea

Reply to
Todd

I was trying to show some specs on the original incandescent

BA9S base.

now to figure out if it is AC or DC

Thank you!

Reply to
Todd

That is not an LED and there may not be an alternative. Check

They had a lot of odd-ball stuff.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Not sure this is a BA9S base. That is what they use in cars:

This is more like what they use in some flashlights

Reply to
Todd

I hate to recommend this overpriced place, but maybe they will have something.

It was formerly called "Batteries Plus" Now it's called "Batteries Plus Bulbs". Prepare to pay TOO MUCH for it, but they may have it.

Otherwise you may be forced to make up something to put in that socket, or even change the socket. Even some of those LED Christmas bulbs would probably work, but you may need to wire in the socket cut off a lithe string, and will need to add a resistor to one bulb lead. (Someone on alt.electronics.xxxxx can probably assist in what size resistor to use...).

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

You can be virtually sure it is AC. A #87 bulb meets your spec - and Lighting Supply carries an LED replacement that runs on 6-24 volts Part # Item No. T5.5SC/WH/6V-28V, about $12 US. SOSlightbulbs.com also carries it as SCB-COLOR-28 #87 at about $10.

Lots of other sources for the same basic bulb. These bulbs will work on AC or DC from 5 to 24 volts.

Reply to
clare

Hi, Do a search on eBay "6V AC/DC LED bulb" couple dollars many shapes and forms you can pick from.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Wrong bulb - that's a BA9 base

That one also has the mini bayonet base - wrong bulb - and he wants an LED replacement. The bulb he wants to replace is roughly a #87

bulb. (Ba15S type base, )

Reply to
clare

This would be a standard bayonet (BA15S) base bulb roughly the same size as a standard automotive tail lamp bulb - correct???

Reply to
clare

I was ASS U ME ing this is the "sewing light" that lights up the work area and you want something relatively bright. Does this machine have 2 of these bulbs built into the case, or is this a more or less external single lamp? If it is one of 2 built into the case or body of the machine it could well be a BA9S instead of a BA15S base. - and a #55 bulb may be the closer replacement, but these are generally closer to 1.5 watt, not 4 watt. A 316, 267, or 238 bulb may be closer - and BulbTown has an LED replacement T3-1/4 6V-28V WHITE L.E.D. DOME TOP MINIATURE BULB BA9S BASE and it is also suitable for both AC and DC use.

Reply to
clare

Now to figure out if the original is a 15 mm base.

Thank you!

My wife said she only has one bulb build in.

Reply to
Todd

You have a bunch of issues. How do they drive the lamp? AC? DC? drive impedance? Color temperature of LED. Drives some people nutz if not incandescent. Where does the light come out?

I tried to find a LED replacement for a grinder. Light needed out the side. Doesn't help if the light comes out the end.

They make LED flashlight conversions. WalMart has 'em fairly cheap. You'll have to convert the base and figure out how to aim it where you want.

Reply to
mike

To change the bulbs use special tool {15} [bayonet socket].

To change the bulb at the rear, remove diffuser {16}.

Reply to
Todd

I wouldnt think a small bulb like that would cause burns to someone. Those old 7W (C7) Christmas tree and nitelite bulbs never got that hot. Maybe that bulb is a halogen. They get much hotter. Maybe the OP should just get a good desk lamp or wall mounted lamp above the sewing machine. I am sure that would be brighter anyhow.

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

Get in the way of the cloth going through the machine

Reply to
Todd

Looking to see if this one will fit:

Todd