need help finding an LED replacement bulb

Hi All,

Follow up:

Ordered some a couple "BA9s-W4-32-6VAC: Cool White" from Super Bright LEDs and replace both the factory bulbs. The LED replacements are 32 degree and 5000K. They illuminate the work area down by the presser foot better than the originals. Plus the white (not yellow) light is easier on my wife's eyes and she can see better detail.

And, they are cool to the touch. No 2nd degree burns!

Thank you all for helping me with this.

-T

Reply to
Todd

replying to Todd, Anne Marie wrote: Todd were you able to find replacement bulbs? I have the same bulbs in my Bernina 1080 and I also need to replace them. Thanks, Anne Marie

Reply to
Anne Marie

Anne Marie, I'm so sorry to tell you this, but Todd was trampled to death while participating in the violent protests at UC Berkeley earlier this year.

Good luck with your bulbs!

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Hi Anne Marie,

Only by shear luck did I see this post. Next time do a "Ping: Todd" in the subject line.

Yes I did. My wife loves them too:

Super Bright LEDs, Inc

314.972.6200 866-590-3533 BA9s-W4-32-6VAC: Cool White LED 1130 sewing machine

You will need two.

The original light can give y ou a really nasty burn!

-T

The Rumors of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated!

Wow - That looks like a great site, and the prices are reasonable.

Reply to
hrhofmann

LED tulip bulbs?

Reply to
hah

replying to T, Jamie wrote: Ping: Todd I was so excited to find this thread and find a solution for the awful lights in my 1130 machine. I ordered the bulbs, popped them in, and they were such a huge improvement. However, after about an hour of use, they burned out. I've been through several of them now. Have you or has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

On Sun 08 Jul 2018 06:14:02p, Jamie told us...

Sorry, but I can't really offer any help from practical experience, but I would like to offer some LED information. I bought two inexpensive desk lamps that provided brilliant white light. One has since burned out and with the hope of replacing the bulb I discovered that there wasn't a bulb at all. There was a flat LED module permanently mounted to a plate underneath the shade. There was a removable magnifying lense mounted over the LED. Anyway, the lamp was a throw away.

OTOH, all of kitchen appliances are fitted out with LED bulbs. The oven has two, the refrigerator/freezer each have one, and even our dishwasher has one. All have screw in bases, larger than a candelabra bulb but smaller than standard light bulb. I don't know what voltage the operate on. The light produced by all of them is a brllliant white.

I wish you luck in our search, but it does sound like you'll need to adapt something to make it work for the sewing machine.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright