Subject Author Posted Replies

recommend me a saw blade for melamine shelving
Hi all, Trying to put together a HT upgrade for GF on the cheap. I think I've got most of it figured out but her TV stand is missing a shelf. I was just goi ng to get a black melamine shelf to replace...
12
12

brush puller
What are your recommendations for a brush puller?
18
18

Leak in ceiling
I live in a townhouse in NJ and had my roof replaced about 5 years ago. The roofer did a good job and replaced the plywood sheet where it was leaking before. However, whenever there is a large amount...
5
5

Laundry room floor question
Hi, We are thinking about putting down vinyl flooring in our laundry room. I asked the sales person at a store what she suggested for laundry rooms and she said vinyl works well. Right now the laundry...
8
8

The saga of the wooden San Jose Schools BATHROOM PASS continues
The kids in the San Jose school district ruined the Bathroom Pass! They scraped off the paint to turn it into "DAT ASS". :) I won't even snap a picture of what they wrote on the backside. As you may...
58
58

Posts from _ G O D _
Several of us have contacted Shaw Communications citing the flood of off- topic rants. _ G O D _ has been informed/warned. Shaw has opened a ticket number WO 39226 for any further complaints. The...
5
5

Wall oven Natural Gas
The coil that ignites the flame has been replaced 3 times. So many times that I now stock the item. But the problem I have now is with the flame size... Top burner - broiler - fine. Bottom burner -...
6
6

OT OT OT water to wine
I think this is funny. TinyURL was created! The following URL: 52755456186147&set=vb.291220036146&type= 2&theater has a length of 89 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length...
3
3

Folloow--up on car t hat needs right rear lower control arm.
Technical stuff at the asterisks ****** Follow-up. I bought the right rear forward control arm for my 2000 Toyota Solara at a junkyard** for $50 (He said he had 24 of them!) but found that the bolt...
3
3

OT for AHR. rent-a-rim
I didn't believe it until I saw it on the web. One shop I went to recently had changed its name, The new owner said it had been called rent-a-rim. What, people are renting rims? it's true. It's not...
17
17

Septic tank troubleshooting help requested
This from a friend of mine: (I'll forward any replies to him.) ==================== Trying to trouble shoot my drain problem. At first, I thought the stack vent was clogged. When I run a drain in my...
36
36

Door stoop insulation
I have a few doors where the rubber that goes under the door is deteriorated. Here is picture of what it looks liek from the top. I pulled one out and there are slots that look like they had inserts...

ground flat under sidewalk
(Please, don't tell me to have me or a contractor put in a new sidewalk unless you're willing to pay for it. Anyhow, this is more an intellectual** question than it is a search for construction advice...
8
8

Smoky house
I live in NW Washington. It rains a lot here, 69 inches so far this year, so my firewood never gets real dry. Consequently, it produces a lot of smoke. Compounding the problem is the length of the...
14
14

Ping Danny D
Is this near you? How's your water situation holding up? California community suffers as wells dry up in drought By Lucy Nicholson East Porterville Calif. (Reuters) - In one of the towns hardest hit...
37
37