Subject Author Posted Replies

Walmart's "Running of the Low Lifes"
Yes, it's the annual Black Friday stampede of low lifes at a store near you. https://junglejoys.com Jungle Joys | One of A Kind Animal Print Clothes And Shoes Walmart Worker Dies Black Friday Fight...
15

Help with VCR remote (Victor model PQ10956)
I've got the subject remote control that came with a JVC HR-D720U VCR. The VCR is long gone, as well as the user's manual. However, I found the remote and would like to program it to use as a remote...
10
10

Patio Door
In our Family Room we have a Pella 8' slider about 17+ years old. The stationary side is in perfect condition, but the moving half has some rot in the bottom panel. Not sure how bad it is, but where...
7
7

LCD TV & cold temps
I have a 22" LCD TV on my back porch and was wondering if I should bring it in for the winter. I am in western NC where the temp sometimes can be dip into the teens during the night, but not very...
7
7

This just in
In Istanbul, rioters stoned the American consulate when it was reported that millions of Americans were planning to eat Turkey.
4
4

Painter's tape sticking to new caulk
I just finished some outside painting and am having a problem with painter's tape that is sticking to new caulking around windows. It's latex type caulk that was applied a couple weeks ago. Then...
8
8

Backup power
While trying to come up with something more to worry about, I thought of my backup battery. I have a 12 v deep discharge lead acid battery with a Battery Tender wall wart charger. I check the battery...
28
28

Cold room construction
I would like to put the drywall and tiles into cold room , will thy drywall/tiles crack because of the low temperature or condensed water happens ? Thanks,
12
12

sleeving an old drainage pipe to public sewer possible ?
Looking for advice /experience with possibility/pros/cons of sleeving an existing old public sewer connection (house lateral) with PVC. The old drain pipe is 6" concrete sections. Could that drainage...
8
8

Out of cement?
The city was supposed to replace the alley behind my house last month. Got a letter today that it won't be done until next year because of a cement shortage. No big deal but I never knew there was a...
23
23

Removing sink intact from cultured marble vanity-top
We want to remove our cultured marble vanity tops but want to re-use our china sinks. We are not sure of the best way to un-attach the sink from the marble without breaking the sink. Any ideas?
3
3

Electric space heater repair question
I had a $20 space heater fail after about 4.5 yrs of use. It looks the nichrome filament burned through near a crimp fastener (below is a pic). Is there any cheap easy method of repairing this,...
45
45

Need New Vacuum - Recommend?
My Hoover bagless upright just destroyed itself. Need to buy a new vacuum. I know this might produce a lot of opinions, but I have to ask - What should I buy and why? Anyone? JW
34
34

white lithium grease
Neighbors have had a screw-drive garage-door opener for 15 years. They had trouble. I downloaded the manual. It says to lubricate the rollers and hinges of the door, but there's nothing about...
12
12

3 Home Improvement Projects That Can Add Significant Equity to the House
3 Home Improvement Projects That Can Add Significant Equity to the House Typically, a do-it-yourself homeowner will constantly look for home improve ment projects that can add a significant value to...
2
2