Subject Author Posted Replies

New Front Door Hardware
I need a new front door, hardware, etc. Door will probably be of steel, with two pre-drilled cutouts (one for deadbolt lock, one for handle). With that in mind, I have some general questions involving...
4
4

Cleaning Cat5/RJ45 Connectors?
I've got a few IP cameras down at the New Jersey shore where they are subject to the typical marine environment. Even the indoor connections are eventually affected. Been using some stuff from Radio...
19
19

Any feedback on Satco LED bulbs?
Hi All, The only CFL bulbs I could get to have any lifespan at all were from Satco. It is getting time to buy more, so I though it would be a good time to try out LED lamps instead. Anyone have any...
2
2

WINTER TIP - Frozen Clothing on your Body
That's profound advice, and may save a life. As to moving water to your stock, is there any way to run (thinking out loud) an overhead tube, with a LOT of slope, so you can pump water, then unconnect...
10
10

Cable connection for broadband & phone
There is a battery in my Comcast phone modem but phone did not work in recent power outage. Maybe battery powers wifi only. Have not tested it that much but I have UPS's on computers and internet...
47
47

EZ Clean Spark Plug
I'll bet most of you aren't old enough to have seen a spark plug like this one I've got in my "Hell box". Jeff http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/plug.html
9
9

Removing Diesel Fuel odor from Couch
A few days ago, I used some diesel fuel to flush the crud out of a gearbox on a piece of machinery. Some of it got on my pants after the funnel tipped to the side. When I came in the house to warm up,...
7
7

duncan hine food and vegetable cutter
I need 3 rubber feet for the duncan hines food and vegetables cutter that I inherited from my mother. Does anyone know where I can purchase them? I live in victoria, bc, canada and have looked all...
10
10

Verizon vs Time Warner
FIOS is a trademark. FIber Optic Services. More important, it's FTTP (Fiber To The Premises). That means the Optical cable comes right to your house. There are various packages with different speeds....
8
8

NATO Gas Cans: Behavior In A Fire?
Has anybody actually been at a fire scene where 20-liter NATO gas cans were involved in the fire? No theories.... actual observed behavior. I'm thinking that they might behave significantly...
23
23

My computer is being hacked ! ! !
I got a phone call that my computer was being hacked. The nice man on the other end though, said he can help me fix it. I told him I was horrified and upset and suggested maybe we should call the...
37
37

312 yards from a top a horse with a .40!
Todd, No, more like 100 yds. Still 100yds with a pistol if he trains at that distance is a good shot. If he doesn't train at that distance it's a lucky shot. Dave M.
17
17

remote ctl interior wall mount thermostat?
nice unit. but still doesn't do it: "If you want the temperature to be 62 degrees at night in your bedroom and you put the PCC on the nightstand, that's what it is, not 62 in the hallway or living...
15
15

CFL and LED bulb recommendations
I know that Feit CFLs are crap. What about other brands of CFL, what has been your experience with their lifespan ? What about the LEDs ? How long have they lasted for you ? Thanks a lot, Andy
8
8

What is your experince with an aerobic septic retrofit?
I'm considering an aerobic septic kit to correct a poorly performing drain field. I'd like to hear from anyone that has experience with this. What was you experience?
2
2