Subject Author Posted Replies

Bluish-Green Coating / Stain Develops In White Porcelin Sink: What Is ?
Hello, A white Porcelin sink we have always seems to develop a hard stain/coating on it that is a Bluish-Greenish color. Any idea what minerals in water might be causing ? And, what might be effective...
4
4

New Years Resolution
I resolve to use twice as much WD-40. - . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus .
16
16

Dimmer for regular fluorescent lighting?
I have read that ordinary (straight-tube, not CFL) fluorescent lights can be dimmed to a certain extent (almost certainly not below 50%), but will an ordinary electronic dimmer (using a Triac, I...
5
5

Treehouse bridge update: one section blew down in the California storms
The third section blew down in the California storms. It was just the frame, and a few deck timbers: Apparently the mistake was to attach it here to the redwood: These two smaller redwoods apparently...
7
7

How do you debu low suction in a central vacuum system?
I just need to debug WHY a central vacuum cleaner has low vacuum suction at the hose. I snaked the hose itself, and it's not clogged: Strangely, it seems that the vent to the outside has plenty of...
16
16

(OT) Do ALL Universal Remotes use the same code?
Do ALL Universal Remotes use the same code for the same device? For example, if I want to control a Pannasonic TV model PS-104 (not a real model number), does the brand of the Universal Remote matter,...
6
6

My Surround Sound Has Creashed!
I have a sudden problem that I thought you might suggest something - anything. Seems my surround sound system on the porch has gone a little crazy. It has happened twice, once this afternoon when I...
19
19

Fix Worn Camera Ball Joint?
Got an el-cheapo IP cam where the aiming is by friction on a ball joint. viz: But this one has been aimed one too many times with tension on the joint and the cross-hatching on the ball and/or the...
5
5

Download speed slower than Upload Speed
(This is a new question about a different Verizon DSL line from my previous posts about DSL vs cable.) I'm working at another location now which has Verizon DSL. The speed of uploading files via FTP...
22
22

All repairs complete
This summer I had a huge list of necessary home repairs. As of yesterday I finally got completely caught up. I now have two full days to relax until "next years" list comes out. Some of my chores...
8
8

Painting predicament.
I'm prepping a room for painting- a guy showed me a trick of using paintabl e/sand able silicone caulk over minor hairline cracks and I have had luck i t in the past.. However this time, I used the...
4
4

Gluing plastics - tips?
I have an adjustable "sleeve" with telescoping inner sleeve. It locks in p lace with a beefy plastic clip that has pins that push down into holes into the sleeve. Picture a plastic 3/4 circle about...
2
2

Gerber Toilets
Hi All, I have two Kohler toilets in my home. Both worked great until about four months ago when one would not quit running. The plumber has put in two new Fluid Masters, and it still runs without...
23
23

Electronic pest repeller
This is a unit that you plug into an outlet and it supposedly does something to the house circuitry that repels pests from the house. "Rids home of mice, rats, and roaches by sending electronic...
18
18

about speakers and impedance
Hi All, This is the first time I post here, I apologize if this has been discussed before. I like to tinker with equipment but my knowledge is basic at best, and it advances along with the problems I...
32
32