Subject Author Posted Replies

about speakers and impedance
Hi All, This is the first time I post here, I apologize if this has been discussed before. I like to tinker with equipment but my knowledge is basic at best, and it advances along with the problems I...
32
32

Switching an outdoor outlet between GFCI Circuits
I would like to connect an existing outdoor outlet to a GFCI circuit that is on a timer during the Christmas season. I was considering using a three way switch to toggle between the hot side of the...
7
7

The the person who had a stubbon fastener:
Saw an ad for the Easypuller $40. Never used it but it looks interesting. See hth

Spray Paint a Cellphone
I have a basic prepaid cellphone. (Not a smart phone). It's black, and I'm constantly misplacing it, especially in the car. If it was a brighter color, it would be easier to find. It's a flip phone,...
17
17

Connecting Internet from Cable TV Provider
I posted a sketch for this at and Can't post to websites right now due to 3-15Kbps connection speed proudly provided by Verizon DSL. If you can't access those groups, pls tell me what binary groups...
7
7

Recap of 2014 posts
I remember some but not all of the popular posts here. What were your favorites and was a resolution posted. Do you think too many posts are made without research, that have been beaten to death...
15
15

How to stretch Chain Link Fence?
I bought a used dog kennel off Craigslist. It came with 3 usable panels, and one had a hole in the chain link fence (CLF). I only needed 3 panels, because I'm using it for two pet goats. We built them...
4
4

How much should a queen mattress and box spring cost and what do I look for by way of value?
I buy a mattress/boxspring about once every 25 years, so, I really don't know what to look for, or where to buy them. Costco has, in the warehouse, for $600, a Sealy Posturepedic Newfield Queen...
61
61

Replacing cracked Neo Angle shower base
We have a Neo-Angle shower with floor-to-ceiling tiled walls on the two fixed sides. The base has one large through-and-through crack on the side walls of the base plus several spider cracklines that...
1
1

OT - Free phone number look up
Used to be, I could log onto yellow pages (dot com), Switchboard, lookup, Standeyo, or gosh knows how many sites. Type in name and town, and I'd have a bunch of ad and phone. Now days, about five...
33
33

OT What is this in the electric pole?
OT What is this in the electric pole? Taking a walk and sat down by a wood electric pole, not carrying any electricity, just put on one side of the street to balance the tension from the other...
8
8

Stock up on Fuses BEFORE the Holiday
If your house still has Fuses, Stock up on Fuses BEFORE the Holiday! I'm posting this because I have a vivid memory of going to visit my uncle, when I was around 10 years old. A fuse blew in his...
14
14

Does anyone still use that PAPER sheetrock tape?
Does anyone still use that PAPER sheetrock tape? After reading the thread on here about the peeling tape, I was wondering if it was the paper stuff? I used that junk years ago, and always had problems...
10
10

If an expansion tank has stinky water in the air side, can't it pollute the good
If water under pressure got through the bladder to the air side of the expansion tank, couldn't it get back through and pollute your house water supply?
4
4

Is this leak
Am currently in getting my bathroom repaired for leaks due to grouting issues. We have removed and installed sidings, tyvek, insulation and wonderboard. We finished wonderboard installation a few days...
7
7