Subject Author Posted Replies

Complaint about Ice-cream van
On 2 Jun 2018, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote (in article): Yes, ice cream van turf wars can get rather nasty; so I presume the vendors are not unaccustomed to a bit of aggro towards anyone who...
8
8

What are the electrical code requirements for snow forts?
What are the electrical code requirements for snow forts? Also discussed just now on As It Happens,
20
20

Kitchen sink collects water in the quarter inch between sink and backplate
Kitchen sink set in fake marble has a quarter inch space of marble between the back of the sink and the marble wall plate. It collects a pool of water and grime. Any ideas for preventing that?
17
17

OT hyperparathyroidism
OT I just found out I have hyperparathyroidism. I'm in the middle of scheduling surgery. But I still have quesitons. Does anyone have any experience with this? Please post or email. To email remove...
4
4

Conclusion -- Cable 1, Verizon 0
Got Time Warner internet installed today and has old phone number ported to new service. After one day, so far so good. Will see how it goes month after month. Here's the high/low lights.... Last...
9
9

OT: funny cold call conversation
Hi All, A customer told me yesterday of a funny conversation he had with one a cold caller: Criminal: we would like your information for your free web listing. Customer: why would I want to do that?...
16
16

screendoor lock
The handle just snapped in half from my old screen door and looking for rep lacement. I went to Home Depot, old hardware store locally and they don't s eem to have the one I need, except the one in...
1
1

Furnace problem
I PM my furnace every year and the control board is clean and dry. The leads are pushed properly but I will double check, The controller is sealed and solid state so it does not look like there is a...
84
84

clarification, was: any washing machines that still pump water through a lint filter?
Indeed, two completely different items under discussion. My olde washing machine, _while washing and agitating_, would suck water from the tub and pump it through a removable/cleanable lint filter...
1
1

Windows 10 will be given away as a free upgrade for its first year of release
| > And why don't they include Vista? | > | | Because all six people using Vista already upgraded from that crap. I don't think there's really much difference between Vista and 7. I think of them as...
51
51

Best way to repair enamel finish on a sink?
Well it finally happened. When I was unloading the dishwasher the other night I dropped a dinner plate on our kitchen sink....bummer. It chipped the enamel finish and I was wondering if there was a...
5
5

Washing machine improvement I'd like to see
I just spent a long time getting a washer leveled. I can reach the front legs in place, but have to pull it out to adjust the back legs, which is a pain, and since no floor is perfectly level it's...
13
13

any washing machines that still pump water through a lint filter?
The salesman at Sears that sold me my washing machine said it had a "passive" lint trap. I have come to learn that "passive" means that the lint all gets trapped in the pockets of your clothes, and...
33
33

Are two wall switches supposed to work this way?
I have a friend who has two associated wall switches twenty feet apart. The first switch turns on the overhead light. The second switch turns it off. So far, so good. Once the second switch is in the...
32
32

Whel chair stove
Does anyone make a low height stove, with open space under the range so a person in wheel chair can get his (her) legs under the range top? So that a low travelling person can cook on four burners?...
1
1