Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Windows 10 Ad Removal
This is from the WattsUpWithThat climate site. It talks about some nusiance Windows 10 upgrade notice and how to get rid ot it. TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
4
4

Plugging 2.5mm monaural into 1/8" steeo. ????
I didn't start working on this soon enough to buy the proper airplane adapter for sound, like or charge 5500 LBP Lebanon Pounds!! Not enough time to ship from Lebanon. Office Depot used to have this...
18
18

DST Compensated Light Timers?
I'm seeking a 24 hour timer which compensates for DST and day lengths to replace an old motor driven timer, the kind with little screw clamped switch trippers on the outer edge of a disk rotating once...
9
9

How well do cell phones really work?
OT for AHR, not for other ng. How well do cell phones really work? My niece graduated NYU a couple weeks ago, and standing outside Madison Square Garden, using a cell phone, I could not reach her...
36
36

Making replacement Aluminum Frame Window Screens
Posted June 3, 2015 I have aluminum storm windows on my house. The windows are fine, but the screens are lousy. The aluminum screen frames were made of aluminum that was apparently too flimsy. So,...
7
7

Where can I buy a small Sewer Grate?
Posted June 3, 2015 There's a step next to my gravel (farm) driveway, which goes down 2 wooden steps to my patio, and to my house porch. During heavy rains, water tends to run down the driveway and...
9
9

Old Florida home, 2X4 truss roof, how to insulate t'ween trusses under sheathing
This home was completed in late 1965 and originally had a gravel roof I was able to keep painted white. Insurance required replacing roof so now it is 30-year asphalt shingle. Old A/C having a hard...
11
11

Whirlpool/Kenmore HE Dryer Switch Corrosion
Last week my 1979 Whirlpool dryer stopped working. It needs a new motor (and belt and rollers). I was about to order these when I saw a free Kenmore HE4 dryer on Freecycle. I picked it up and brought...
1
1

Swamp cooler noise
On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 10:42:22 AM UTC-7, KenK wrote:
18
18

Measuring A/C Temp Solved, sort of...
On 5/5/2015 I sent out a note about my air conditioner not cooling after being on for a long period of time. I had to drive up to the Sacramento area yesterday and meet an a/c tech during the late...
109
109

woodworm beetles
Just for the record. I believe these beetles often are already inside of wood that is used in home construction. They are just waiting to grow up and come out. They don't eat as adults, but the...
3
3

plugged weeping tile.
It can be jetted if you have cleanouts. If you don't, they may be able to dig down at both ends of the run and then jet it. Better than digging it all up. Then they can put in cleanouts, which you...
5
5

What ever happened to the WORDS used in phone numbers?
When I was young, phone numbers has a WORD at the beginning. If you're over 60, you'll probably remember this: For example: Hilltop5-5555 = hi5-5555 which is 445-5555 Spring2-5555 = sp2-5555 which is...
44
44

Key copying in the 22nd century
Made copies of keys at Home Depot a couple days ago. Wow. He puts the key in the slot and on the screen it says 66, the blank he needs (for a standard Kwikset key). Then he hands me back the key, and...
13
13

Portable AC questions
A single-hose unit uses air from within the room to cool its condenser, and then vents it outside. This air is replaced by hot air from outside or other rooms (due to the negative pressure inside the...
5
5