OT: Mobile users pay as advertisers transmit unsolicited video ads in the background

"The one BIG issue I do have is the huge number of VIDEO ads that load automatically, especially on desktop browsers, but also on mobile. It is unacceptable that such a large amount of bandwidth can be used without permission. Ignoring that it radically slows things down, using our plan's limited data bandwidth is actually using our "money" - it's akin to the days of getting unsolicited faxes which used your paper and fax "ink".

This is one thing that needs to change - and I'm sure most folks who aren't thinking of the data consumption would still find it more unobtrusive if they had a choice to stop the LOADING/playing of video unless they click to watch the ad video.

I emphasize LOADING, because even if it doesn't play automatically, most of the video ads are already loading the data, using our bandwidth.

So, any publishers out there reading these comments - please consider changing what you do with video ads."

SH

Reply to
Sherlock.Homes