rusty van underside

Has anyone painted that rust rejuvnator paint on the bottom of a rusty vehi cle.

I have used that stuff near my gas meter. The paint peels the lines rust, s o perhaps every 5 years I knock off the heavy rust, paint on the rejuvnator stuff, and paint the lines with green paint. this time the paint on the me ter has faded so bad i will paint the meter too.

it might be called rust converter/.

i am trying to get a couple more years from my old van.

Reply to
bob haller

I've used it on a car somewhere. It worked well. Don't know what it's called but you find it in an auto parts store, and it used to come in a small brown plastic bottle that was a lot wider at the bottom than at the top, as bottles go.

They used to say that it turned the metal into plastic, but Oren's post makes it seem they've toned down that claim.

It might be called Extend.

Reply to
micky

bob haller posted for all of us...

A word of caution, depending on design the underside may be part of the unibody or frame. If it has pinholes or holes in it; it must be replaced with new metal. Claire can explain it further I'm sure.

Reply to
Tekkie®

t, so perhaps every 5 years I knock off the heavy rust, paint on the rejuvn ator stuff, and paint the lines with green paint. this time the paint on th e meter has faded so bad i will paint the meter too.

Thanks my goal is to stabilize and prevent futher detoriation...... were ve ry broke right now.

some years ago i had a 2000 voyager ziebarted. it pretty much stopped futhe r rust but last thursday the engine failed, a valve siezed. its not worth r epairing

Reply to
bob haller

I've used Por-15 on a couple cars. Rocker panels and fenders. It slows down further rusting, but doesn't stop it. Improves the cosmetics.

Reply to
Vic Smith