Subject Author Posted Replies

Sears Garage Door Opener Question
The Sears Craftsman garage door opener which I installed myself when we built our home 30 years ago was finally giving up the ghost and stopping or reversing intermittently when asked to open or...
12
12

OT radio antenna
I have a cheap AM/FM radio in the office. Lately I have found I have a carefully arrange the power cord, which evidently also is the radio's antenna, to get loud clear FM reception. This is in a frame...
10
10

Looking for schematic for well pump controller
We have a community well here serving several houses. The whole thing is pretty fancy. The pump is a 3 phase unit. There is no 3 phase in the subdivision. But, the controller 'makes' 3 phase and...
15
15

Don't Deet the Car
Yahoo article about spraying mosquito repellant on while next a car: The short version is Deet can ruin the paint job. It also can hurt varnish or a TV screen.
5
5

Extend old worn in-wall wiring
Are there special kits and procedures when the wires for a switch have broken too often at the tips? I fixe dtwo switched two years ago like that and although the need isn't urgent, I could seeit...
30
30

Meter base modifications
When replacing an electrical service (fuse to breaker) andmeter base, is it acceptable to make a new hole in the meter base and not use the factory supplied knock-out in order to allow thw wire to...
4
4

Wall-wart type power plug extenders
Does anyone local sell wall-wart type power plug extenders - you know, the huge 'plugs' on the emd of the power cords for some things - often computer peripherals. The ones I have won't plug into a...
11
11

I can't blame the dog for this
I have a semi plugged toilet after someone dumped a super turd in it this morning. I am admitting no culpability. Is there a product that will soften or dislodge this because I really don't want to...
11
11

Dryer Repairman Substandard Troubleshooting?
1.) Brother purchased Whirlpool Estate washer (TAWS700RQ3) and dryer (TGDX640PQ1) set for $200 on Craigslist. Seller assured him that both were in excellent condition. 2.) At home, washer worked as...
18
18

more questions about wifi
Terry, I can't believe you have me blocked? (I said much the same to cheapo mick)
16
16

Lennox THA090 roottop AC compressor not running
Hi one of the 2 Lennox THA090 rooftop compressors is not running even though we set the temperature really low. The office still feels warm. We opened the cover and confirmed that one of them is...
2
2

Dishwasher Dispenser problem
Maytag Dishwasher model MDB7749. Pretty sure the problem is with the control board, but just want to double check before I order a new one. The DW immediately opens the detergent door on startup of...
1
1

Gasoline cans, Blitz, out of business, where to get cap?
A bunch of my Blitz 5-gallon portable gas containers have the lousy spout broken (cracked around the center so that they now leak). The company appears to be out of business, even though the gas cans...
4
4

Seeking wirleless Front Door intercom
Hello I'd like to add an intercom system to my front door. When someone rings the bell, I will press the button on the intercom on my side and talk to them through the intercom outside. Don't need...
1
1

What use is WiFi on a Costco Viso TV?
I recently got a smart TV then got a message from my provider (DIRECTV) tha t I need to connect to the internet. The second "box" is a wireless connect ion kit for $99. However, since I have been a...
88
88