Subject Author Posted Replies

Check your Windows 10 block settings
Those of you who are using the common methods for blocking Windows 7 and Windows 8.1's obnoxious Win10 upgrade procedure take note. Apparently an update released yesterday changed an important...
98
98

Circuit breaker box hisses
Hi there. Back again with a new problem. My wife was doing the laundry and I was working near the circuit breaker panel. When she turned the machine on I heard a loud buzz from inside the box. Less...
68
68

Sewage backing up into this newsgroup
This newsgroup has become a cesspool filled with hatred and moronic racism. The trolls appear to have spewed their disgusting crap all over the place. Transforming good and beneficial things into vile...
16
16

Should we ban all Halloween Decorations?
The gruesome set up at the Parma home, just a few blocks away from Dentzler Elementary School, was taken down Sunday after neighbors and passers by complained.
1
1

Downspout drainage and pop up valves
I am trenching 4 inch pipe from my down spots away from my house. I am debating on whether the pipe should end above ground or use one of those pop up elbows. Does one way seem better than another? My...
2
2

Why does my car's ac keep blowing up?
Sorry for this not being properly crossposted, I meant to but forgot to add this news group to it when I put it on A lot of folks here in home repair know AC systems so I thought there might be some...
2
2

Sewage Backing Up Into Shower, But Basement Drains Are Clear
Hello. I own a tri-level home with a basement (4 separate levels) that was build in 1973. Today is the FIRST time I have ever experienced this. This morning I noticed that there was sewage (fecal...
26
26

Why does my car ac system keep blowing up?
Twice now my 92 Explorer has "blown" the compressor. In both cases it blew very shortly, within minutes, of starting the truck. It blew so shortly after starting the truck I have a hard time seeing...
14
14

Check your HVAC surge protector -- fail reports
So, I have a SCM150. It's inside, but I'll check. Greg
7
7

Help with simple bridge
A few years back (~5) I built a rustic bridge over our seasonal stream by l aying deck boards over a couple of tree trunks (5"-6" diameter) that I cut down. The stream channel is about 16' from bank...
27
27

Building burns to the ground because of no Cellphone Service
A small rural town in the Midwest has no cellphone signal at all. Last week I was driving thru that town and developed vehicle problems, late at night. The only businesses that might have been open...
47
47

OT: BMW X1 vs. Subaru Forester 2.0XT
Anyone have one of these two? Wife likes Subie but I am little hesitant on CVT. Any comments? I am comparing two top of line models.
9
9

removing tile adhesives
Hi NG, This page shows a couple areas of tile adhesive I'm removing: I have 2 areas of tile removal that are problematic for me, and I wanted to see if anyone knew any tips. The first has thin tiles...
2
2

SR-71 **OT*** but good story
We have one here out by The Boneyard. While it's "cool" looking, I personally am more impressed with the B52/X15 pair; the idea of something that *big* launching something that *fast* that long...
20
20

Set oven temp on GE Profile range
Is there any way to set or to zero the temperature on a 5 year old GE profile (double oven) SS23341OP range please? The oven temperature bears no relationship to what is on the display. Mine seems...
3
3