Subject Author Posted Replies

Control arm bushing
Welp..... first I sent to my regular mechanic who said boot was torn, but bushing was OK. I saw the torn bushing while on the lift and looked around and specifically asked about bushings because I was...
13
13

would cocoon on umbrella infest house
Left an umbrella out to dry, found what looks like cocoon on it, would that risk infesting my house if I bring it in. If i left it in a bag with mothballs, first? - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos,...
6
6

14,972 Lbs
That's the calculated weight of the load of block I just had delivered at 38 lbs per . What in hell have I gotten myelf into !?!
18
18

ISO 3/8" M (1/8 IPS) to 1/4-20 F reducer, brass
Something like:
7
7

Service man said it was ready to go.
Serviceman here on 10/21/2015 took out the igniter, had to order another one. Came back on 10/23/2015 put in new igniter. still nothing. said I needed new brain board. so put one in and said it was...
9
9

Anyone know how to remove a Truck Topper rear window?
I have a truck topper (Hop Cap brand), that has the typical rear window that lifts up (above the truck's tailgate), and stays up by those small shock absorber looking things on each side. The frame of...
18
18

Fluorescent light fixture (linear type)
I have a fluorescent light fixture with four 4-foot-long tubes in the ceili ng of my kitchen. When I turn on the light switch, one of the outermost tu bes light but the other 3 lights do not light....
18
18

Credit where due
I suppose we all hate those large corporations . Today my Internet connection kept cutting out so I called AT&T this (early) evening. Within two hours they were out and replaced the modem no charge...
31
31

Drain clogged with plastic Stir Sticks
A local bar was having trouble with the drain being clogged on their sink, where they wash the glasses. The bartender said she could not wash the glasses and had to send someone to buy some disposible...
21
21

Rubber Baby Buggy Bumper
The side walls of our garage are essentially floor to ceiling industrial steel shelving (18" deep, 42" wide adjustable shelves). Most shelves are only about 8" distant from their vertical neighbors (I...
1
1

Old Wringer Washer - Agitator comes off.
I have an old Wringer Washer outdoors in a shed. It's purpose is to wash my grubby and often greasy work pants, as well as shop rags and other stuff that is "not allowed" in the house (if you know...
13
13

OT- What records do I need to set up?
I know this has been discussed here before, but I lost the file that had the list of documents you should have set up and stored in a safe place for your heirs. Help and Thanx!
22
22

New gas furnaces are a rip off!
Our old Amana 92% after 20 yrs is still working good but they say we should buy a new one at twice the price of the old one. For this kind of money around $8000.00 they ought to last atleast 30 yrs!...
8
8

pad for washer/dryer in garage
Hello ng, I'm moving washer/dryer to my oregon garage, and the place where I'm gonna put them is a local low. I sure as heck don't want that.... So, I get me a bag of self-leveler, runs 19 bucks, and...
17
17

WWYD?
I think if something is delivered to you and ADDRESSED to you, it isn't considered theft to keep it. If it was addressed to someone else, well... :< Exactly. An interesting question I pose to people:...
51
51