Winter tires

Time for another set. I used always Michelin Lattitude Xice series. Any other similar choice?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Where I live we keep M&S tires on year round cuz ya never know . I'm running Hankook DynaPro ATM's , and have chains in case of ice . Much more agressive tread pattern than the X-ice , and they don't roar on the highway . If my good friend Wally is right , they also wear very well . He ran a set on his Jeep for over 40k miles , has them on his P/U now but they're about gone - I think he got another 20k on them on the truck . Our SUV is heavier than his Jeep , but not driven as aggressively .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Go to TireRack. Look around. Call them if you have a question.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Hakkepillitta R2 from Nokian

Reply to
clare

I put a set of Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 on our car last winter, and they seemed to do OK. They're on again now, but we haven't had much snow yet.

They were top-rated at TireRack.com last year, but I got them at Costco; not much difference in price with the $70 instant rebate at Costco. (At the moment, however, the $70 instant rebate is on Michelin, IIRC.)

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Very happy with the Nokian I put on last year. The WR3G has a snow rating but can be used year round. They have other winter models too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Blizzaks are fantastic snow tires but only in the cold. The reason they are so good in the snow is because of how soft they are. If they are driven in warm temperatures, they will wear very quickly.

You pay a lot for the snow performance, but you basically have to hope for long, cold winters in order to get your money's worth.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

That Nokian is all weather rated but wears fast I heard. Just winter tire is pretty good. Blizzak when hew is excellent but when tread wears down it becomes no good 'coz rubber compound is is different. I am looking at Toy Ice Guard and Continental extreme contact. Summer tire on my new car is Continental. So will have to check it out little more.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Wheels I ordered are coming in this week end. I have to choose one set quick. Short listed Michelin, Toyo, Continental(new car summer tire is Conti. now. Used to be Michelin) Winter is here now. Minus 20C and some snow flying around.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

If I can get my size in time. My son's Subaru has them and he likes them.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

+1. I couldn't find them the last time around and went with Hankook but I really liked the Hakis. One thing Finns understand is snow and ice.
Reply to
rbowman

Just finished installing a set of winter tires with OEM rims. Michelin does not have my size. Ended up with Toyo Observer SUV tires, 245/55/19. First impression, Toyo is as good as Michelin in the wet snow.

Reply to
Tony Hwang