Subject Author Posted Replies

Goodbye my Tanglefoot. Will you ever come back?
...you should write a blog...and no one will come! This is up to par with your life story...
5
5

tub surround
I was serious, construction adhesive is very good for bonding, but the others are for splitting. However I also know the other meaning for male bonding. The crossword puzzle a couple days ago spelled...
10
10

Lawn mowers won't stay running
My neighbor (female with deployed husband) has two lawn mowers that won't s tay running. I drained the old gas from them, put new gas in, and used a li ttle ether to get them started. They run for a...
9
9

OT - Yamaha EC200 generator floods
Well, it's stored on the porch behind a friend's home. That's the home connection. A friend of mine has a Yamaha EC-2800 generator which won't start. We cleaned out th gas tank, used a towel to soak...
16
16

Hoover Wind Tunnel Vac
Hello, all. I've got a 8+ year old subject upright vac that has an idler pulley that won't freely turn as expected. In this condition the larger (of two) wide belt that connects this pulley to the...
2
2

How do you set a Stanley ST400 internal limit switch after replacement and after the reset on the motor?
like it says
2
2

What the heck goes into the trash can (as opposed to recycling?)
Is there a problem with the lid on your gargabe container? Some might say that you are using the taxes of others to subsidise your disproportionate use of the operational capacity of the water...
124
124

Electric baseboard: hydronic vs. convection?
Hi, I'd like some advice. Finishing my basement (one big room of 20x30) and want to use electric base board heat (as a backup to my mini-split heat pump). I've read about the d ifference between...
6
6

New condo
Years ago there was an appliance store I used to go to. In the basement they had every part you could possibly need for your old junker. A number of years ago the building was converted to condos and...

Went from a single capacitor to a dual Capacitor and the fan is now going in and out.
If the price seems a bit high but the work is done right , it is not a rip off. In the situation with the OP though, it might have been. Then there is this (which I posted maybe a year ago): While...
12
12

(OT) Portable USB drive (makes no sense)
I just bought one of those portable USB hard drives that plug into a USB port. It's a 1tb made by Western Digital. (Passport Drive). It says its for Windows Vista, 7 and 8. (It was on clearance so...
24
24

Flashlight temptation
Wow, you seem to know everything about me. I didn't realize you were the spokesperson for everyone and SMs personal bodyguard. You have no idea of my intent. SM answered the question and I'm content...
179
179

Gun Show Politics
I met some friends at a local gun show this morning. While making the rounds of the various vendors, I noticed that the only political signs and bumper stickers available were "Trump 2016". Paul

Pretty much solves a major problem
Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
8
8

C50-N18L-A3 lawn mower battery
As long as the plates are covered when you are charging, you should be fine. Since your charger is only 1 amp, it's not likely you will "boil" the battery over. The gassing begins at 2.37 v/ cell or...
12
12