Subject Author Posted Replies

Just saying to all fathers
Have a happy father's day.

WORX Brand ?
Hello, See the WORX brand for all sorts of garden and household tools in the stores. Usually quite a bit cheaper than what seem to be equiv. types from the usual name brands. Never heard of them....
26
26

Three bolt kitchen drain strainer question
Hi All, My kitchen drain strainer is rusting out under the sink. So it is time to replace it. The thing uses a three bolt attachment, sort of looks like this: I have see replacement drain strainer...
9
9

OT. Two moons
The earth has had two moons for about a hundred years now according to NASA. Article in the Mother Nature Network: or A mini-moon has been orbiting our planet for around 100 years.
1
1

Do You Have New Windows? CEMAC Needs Your Help!
Did you recently replace the windows in your home? If so, you can help adva nce research that could reduce the cost of replacement windows. The Clean Energy Manufacturing Analysis Center at the...

Replacement 12 Vdc Adapter
IIRC, Dell and HP bricks don't play nice together. I typically use my "universal" adapters for oddball devices that I've rescued (or, am *thinking* about rescuing). They typically don't have the same...
17
17

A fly got in my house
A fly got in my house and its driving me crazy. I cant even get any sleep. I am considering moving, but I have a years lease that dont expire until January 1. I wont be able to tolerate this fly that...
3
3

Chain Saw: Which To Purchase ?
That basically describes me too.
54
54

skilsaw problems
This skilsaw has ha problems for a long time, binding,twisting. It's like the frame is warped. I put a new blade on and it didn't help. I hate to throw it away since the motor works good. Should I...
3
3

Bosch BlueGranite 1/4" bit
The hardware guy sold me this drill for my hinge door problem. The top one at that. I also bought a 4" wood screw, with anchors. I tried to drill thro ugh the concrete and then house brick and for...

Waterproofing vinyl tile?
I stupidly let someone lay a new bathroom and kitchen floor in a rental double-wide. Original floor was terrible, old broken tile, etc. So he laid 1/4" plywood on the old floor and new square thin...
7
7

OT: Do You Put Grease On Your Brake Caliper Bracket?
Let's see if we can keep this simple and to the point. This really should need nothing more than a Yes or No answer. To those of you that work on your own brakes or work on brakes for a living: Do you...
39
39

The PURPOSE of alt.home.repair
| It seems that has become a newsgroup to discuss | everything EXCEPT home repair topics. | Thank you for your efforts, but as you can see from the responses, there's little civility or even common...
28
28

OT How to backup Android phone to PC, without using Google.
Has anyone used anything other than Google to backup Android phone data? Has anyone use Wondershare MobileGo or MobileTransfer? Do you know the difference between the two? They give you 4 days to...
6
6

PEX Plumbing
I have a dual basin bathroom sink, with out dated / ugly faucets. I want to replace both faucets, which are now fed by copper piping. To connect my new faucets, to the current copper pipes would be...
2
2