Paint concrete sealing

Paint concrete sealing open original image
Paint concrete sealing open original image
Paint concrete sealing open original image

Looking at loft style condo and wondering the best way to paint, seal or both. I have suggestions to paint with a flat latex black paint mixed with a sealer but not really liking the idea of painting it black.

Could I just do a mild cleaning then seal with a clear water proof sealant?

I'm open to just about anything as long as it's the correct and safest way to do it.

Thanks

Corey

"Corey" wrote in message news:241d$57f1a2ca$a2d350aa$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

dadiOH

My exposed exterior concrete was painted with something like this. Internal sealers may be somewhat different but are also sold in white.

Reply to
Frank

But this apparently is *interior*, so I'm not seeing the need for sealer. One thing I would not do is mix paint and sealer. If he wants a clear look of the concrete, which is probably going to look terrible, then I'd use a clear sealer. If he wants a solid color, then I'd use a paint that is made for concrete. First thing I'd do is talk to some neighbors, assuming the building is occupied and see what they've done.

Reply to
trader_4

It keeps the concrete from sucking up lots of more expensive paint and helps provide a uniform appearance when painted.

If it's block, he will probably want a filler too.

Reply to
dadiOH