Subject Author Posted Replies

Sparks, no matter how small?
I heard on the radio that LA and SF had more rain this summer than Seattle, and I think they said fires were a problem in Seattle and they were sometimes caused by cars dragging chains. Why do cars...
17
17

What do you look for in a portable battery backup for medical devices (like CPAP)?
What do you look for in a portable battery backup for medical devices (like CPAP)? My county is offering a discount/rebate on a Portable Battery Backup <>They offer the following portable battery...
9
9

(ankle-biting) Screen door piston adjustment required
This has been driving me crazy for months. I had to replace the screen door piston because it broke. Replacement was installed without an issue. But now, door has been swinging 3/4 closed really fast,...
1
1

'I saw police help' said actor Nick Searcy about Jan 6th attack
Actor Nick Searcy on Jan. 6 documentary: 'I saw police help' Audacity - Jan 6, 2022 -- Actor Nick Searcy has produced a movie about the Capitol riots on January 6, 2021 called Capitol Punishment: ‘I...
5
5

Monkey Stew Recipe *
*Don't worry, No monkeys were used to make this stew :) Ingredients 2-Tablespoons onion powder 4- Cups potatoes (cut into medium pieces)shopping list 2- Small (8 oz.) cans of tomato sauce 2- Small (6...
3
3

Would Werner warrnty replace one of their ladders that fell off the truck?
Would Werner warranty replace one of their ladders that fell off the truck? Literally. It fell off the truck and by the time I was able to loop around, it was run over so it's clearly almost new but...
21
21

Pre-fab bck yard shed
Do you need a backyard shed but you don't have time or the skills to make one? Do you need an apartment for your mother-in-law? Do you want a man-cave? Excellent opportunity: most expensive is $2000,...

Out of tune wind chimes
Why the hell do people put up wind chimes which are out of key? My neighbour has one which sounds almost exactly like the Windows XP "chord" sound, which is incorrectly named as it's actually a...
18
18

How to lure docile bees away from the kiddie pool
The bees are the normal pollinating ones which wouldn't hurt you even after you swish them away from the kids playing in the kiddie pool but they cause the kids to panic (even more than the horseflies...
1
1

cool operator Jr not working
my cool operator Jr is not working how can i check which one is broken. The fan is rotating when i move it.
1
1

OT. EV Extra Road Damage
A study from England says electric vehicles cause more road damage than fossil fuel powered vehicles due to extra weight. The University of Leeds led the study. <> It would be just another example of...
27
27

OT. Flying Car
The Jetsons' cartoon is a little closer to reality. <> California company Alef Aeronautics claim the Model A would be able to drive on roads but take off into the sky to avoid traffic jams. California...
4
4

Can electricity conduct through a fine spray of water?
If there was a fine mist being sprayed (like you get from something you spray plants with), and there was a live wire somewhere in the mist, could it jump through the spray to a grounded point?
128
128

Raindrops creating electricity?
Raindrops creating electricity? But.... wouldn't you be better sticking a solar panel there? I assume you can't have both? Or could one fold up when not in use?...
80
80

open hot bus bar by design
I'm working with an older load center and found that the bottom blade to supply power to the breaker is not connected to the hot bus bar. I don't know why it's designed this way or how I can correct...