Subject Author Posted Replies

Which car jump starter should I have bought.
I finally bought a mini-battery-jumper. I shopped carefully, I thought. I bought this. It and its wrappings are like new without a bit of dirt and I can still return it. It was only 3 or 4 dollars...
10
10

Ping: Ed P
Ed, are you ready for some sporty weather? I'm over in Mississippi and we're happily watching Idalia move away from us to the east. Give us a weather report when things settle down.
2
2

Nice woodworking projects
Saw this on line Reddit’s woodworking community is a great network for people who love making things with wood. Reddit’s woodworking community is a great network for people who love making things...

Car warranty changes over the years
Would you buy a car with only a 90 day warranty? Your grandfather may have. times have changed, for the better. https://www.wheels.ca/news/a-brief-history-of-automobile-warranties...
28
28

GFI Breaker Trips
A 15 Amp GFI breaker tripped off a few weeks ago and now it cannot be reset without immediately tripping again. Replacing it with a new GFI breaker did not help although a non-GFI breaker worked fine...
9
9

A One Dollar House
A house was listed for a buck but sold for $52,000. <> A Pontiac, Mich., house was listed for a single dollar on Zillow for eight days, leading to a frenzy of calls and offers after it went viral...

impact wrench
This past weekend my friend and I replaced the rear brake pads on my 2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800. It was quite a chore and much harder than either of us anticipated, but isn't every job that way? We...
7
7

Need shower knob and flange replacement
Changing from gold to oil rubbed bronze in my bathroom. Everything is done or at least on the way. I cannot locate anything compatible with what is there. I installed it years ago but do not recall...
16
16

O: Aluminum Foil
Why is aluminum foil shiny on one side and dull on the other. And does it matter which side goes toward the food you're wrapping or lining a pan you're groiling in?
10
10

How much electricity for a block party?
How much roughly** would electricity cost for a block party. I'm thinking music amplifiers for 5 or 6 hours. Is there anything else I'm forgetting. (Any food-related stuff would be from food-trucks...
7
7

phone extensions
using broadband at the master socket I get 32mbps; at the extension I get 35mbps; why not just use the extension
2
2

Granger & McMaster
Do they still print catlogs? Are there at least PDF versions instead of web sites?
2
2

House Downsizing
Builders are building smaller houses that people might be able to afford. I like the comments from people who grew up in the 50s and 60s who lived in smaller places. <> The pictures in the article...
36
36

OT. Dodger Stadium Flooded
It's on the list of things Hurricane Hillary messed up. The Burning Man Festival is mentioned also. There's a lot of work for construction worker provided they jump through whatever hoops the state...
3
3

Woke electric vehicles BREAK records ! !
"Americans bought a record 295,255 battery-electric vehicles during the period, according to Cox Automotive's second-quarter electric-vehicle summary. That marks a roughly 14% increase from the 2023...
86
86