Subject Author Posted Replies

Kitchen light lenses
I need to install some new kitchen light lenses. I believe that's what they are called. These appear to be made of plastic tho I'm not 100% sure. If I need to cut them, what is the best tool for that,...
5
5

Anlu pressure washer gun question
Hi, I have a cheap Anlu pressure washer which had the inlet fitting on the gun break after about 2 hours of use. Well, I was able to get a replacement fitting, but somehow when I took the gun apart,...
1
1

Help with insulation choice.
Hi, I have received five estimates for inslulating my kitchen (whose walls are currently open) ranging from $840 (cellulose upon completing the walls) to $2500 (high density, closed cell foam). The...
14
14

Sprinkler system issue
I have reworked and repiped my sprinkler system, and fixed all the leaks. Now when I turn the ground water pump on, I have good flow and spray from all the heads, except three heads. These three heads...
7
7

AprilAire Humidifier?
Hi, My dad had one installed in his condo. The problem is his condo unit hardly needs heat because the condo unit is on the second floor (of 3 floors) and is between 2 other condos on adjacent sides....
58
58

Best Paint Stripper for Kitchen Cabinets?
I plan on buying replacement doors for my kitchen cabinets. Any recommendations as to the best product to use to strip the two or more layers of paint a previous owner applied to the cabinet sides and...
11
11

Faucet base converter
I have a faucet made for 1 1/4'' hole, but my kitchen sink has a 1 1/2'' pre-drilled hole, the faucet base bare fits the hole, and water will drip underneath. Is there any base converter to fix my...
2
2

Vibrating water pipes
I have some sort of strange problem. I know little about plumbing, so I have no idea what to do and I'd prefer to avoid calling a plumber. I will if I have to, but I'd like to try to troubleshoot it...
20
20

wall paper steamer for?
has anyone tried a wall paper steamer for removing popcorn ceilings and walls? seems it might be a possible solution?
8
8

Vent Free Gas Logs
I want to install vent free gas logs in my fireplace and am looking for some advice. I currently have a Superior BRF 4375 fireplace insert that is vented and I have been burning wood in it for the...
4
4

Faucet Valve Handles Difficult to Open (Sometimes)
My bathroom lavatory faucet handles are difficult to open, usually one or more times a day. Usually they open easily. Opening either one will cause the flow to run out fast, then slow to a normal rate...
4
4

Water dripping from roofing nails in attic
I was up in my attic this morning and noticed little bits of ice lying around---small balls, perhaps 1/4" in diameter. What seems to be happening is that water is dripping from the roofing nails, then...
6
6

OT... I got HOSED
Good Grief, I got hosed by an internet company. In this day of trying to find bargains because of money is tight, I got taken. I was looking for restaurant coupons on the net, I came across a company...
9
9

removing sections of drywall (and putting them back)
I want to run some new circuits to my drywalled and insulated shop. The panel (100A seperate from house with shutoff at the pole) is about 2 feet from the ceiling and the outlets are 20+ feet away and...
11
11

Thermoplastic/Torch/Mop?
I have a flat roof in So Calif. Several ponding areas, especially near HVAC ductwork boxes. I am considering Torch, Mop and Thermoplastic/PVC. What is the solution that is most impervious to ponding...
3
3