Subject Author Posted Replies

Where buy high quality low voltage landscape lights ?
I have used 12 volt landscape lights for about seven years. During this time, I have used various light fixtures from Home Depot and Lowe's. Some seem pretty low quality, some appear pretty decent...
28
28

Pool pump noise
The Jacuzzi pool pump (1 h.p. about 5 years old) makes a different noise this season: 1. Runs faster (22 to 24 p.s.i. indicated, formerly 15 p.s.i.; but the pressure gauge is faulty, e.g. shows 8...
4
4

Dryer outlet problem
I have a question on the 220V dryer outlet I have. The outlet is a three prong outlet. The middle top one is straight slot, the other two at the bottom are angled. My older dryer plug matches that. My...
35
35

New Tool
Hello, I've invented, patented and will be offering a new tool to the public soon. I just thought I'd give this forum the heads up. It's a one foot repeating ruler printed on clear tape...
20
20

Shed project: gable framing
On top of my shed goes a simple gable roof. I plan to call around to see about prefab roof trusses, not that I expect anyone to stock them in shed sizes, and I don't expect a custom run of 9+2...
4
4

flourescent lamp fixture
My lights are not coming on full power. I guess they are kind of flickering, trying to turn on but they don't. I just went upstairs (it's a kitchen "Floriday" fixture) to try them and they...
12
12

as I was cleaning my gutters today...
I was wondering about something. My gutters are the typical aluminum things, just like you'd find on the shelf at your local big box. Even the back side of the house, which really has no...
8
8

Defrost timer for fridge
Model # GSS201EMA by GE Where is it located?
6
6

Plastic cup melted from gasoline vapors
I had to replace the (in tank) fuel pump on my car. I removed the entire sending unit and had to order the part. In the meantime I put a 16oz plastic disposible cup in the opening to prevent dirt,...
16
16

Pitting of water heat flex connectors
I have a theory about... I've replaced a number of those corrugated flexible copper pipes used to connect the hot and cold on water heaters, and have noticed that often the leak will be in a pit...
8
8

Ge clarifies the instructions.
Well, today a pair of 40 watt fluorescents in the kitchen finally gave up an quit. So off I went to my local big box store and bought a 2-pack of replacements. I put them in and they worked . OK, what...
3
3

Drip irrig. tubing - what's longest lasting in sun
Twenty five years ago I built two large drip irrigation systems at homes in coastal (cool) Southern California. The main lines at one home are falling apart -cracking - wherever they have been exposed...
1
1

When not to use synthetic grease on o-rings?
I have a tube of Tri-Flow synthetic grease and I am tempted to use it on all o-rings and gaskets that will be exposed to water. But I'd like to know, is there ever a kind of water seal that I...
9
9

Battery Shelf Life
I live in Florida and have accumulated a large collection of batteries for use in case of power outages. The expiration date on most of them say 2012 to 2013. Is there a device I can get to test these...
52
52

9v battery overheats
What would cause a 9v Duracell battery to heat up beyond (est.) 150 Fahr., not in use but when removed and in a trouser pocket? Aftter storing away the CO1 detector for the summer months, I pocketed...
9
9